Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
For a basic entry level hunting scope a 2nd tier Nikon or Vortex would probably serve you well.

As NoStress pointed out, my (or any other's), recommendation is useless without knowing your intended use.

Reactions: Jsferrazza

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Nightforce is the nicest glass I've ever looked thru. For long range work, wouldn't use anything else.
Leupold are warranted for life (original owner or not). Nice on hunting rifles.
I bought a couple tasco 4X scopes on sale for $10. These work well on my short range rimfire rifles.

Yup - as others have said, need to know your requirements.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Without knowing the rifle, the purpose of the rifle and your budget you won't get any meaningful suggestions.

In general terms I can only stress to points:

- buy once and cry once, a RELLY good scope will cost you $1500 plus
- stay away from all these no-name made in China scopes on gun shows

·
Registered
344 Posts
Target shooting? Plinking? Short range (25-75 yd) vs mid range vs long range (and if your rifle is made for)? Your budget?

Each of these answers can steer you to different scopes, features and brands. Variable vs fixed, AO vs side focus, then there are choices on reticle. There are literally HUNDREDS of scopes for each category to choose from.

Another forum with good resource on optics is Rimfirecentral ... check out their Optic/Scope board, you may find what you are looking for, otherwise, ask.

Good luck shopping.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a brand new vortex stike Eagle 1x6x24 with a quick detach gg&g for a decent price somewhere in this specific forum. I’m gonna bump it to the top if u wanna check it out. Nice glass and awesome mount. Illuminated reticle.

·
Registered
13,316 Posts
If you are going to use it for hunting think about the low magnification. At close range 1x or 2x gives you a wide field of view. For big game1x-4x or 2x-8x will work just fine out to several hundred yards. I would never put something like a 6x-18x scope on a big game rifle, the field of view would be way too narrow for a close shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts