Glock Talk banner

What to buy?

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Colorado4Wheel 
#1 ·
So I just got $150 bucks to spend. I cannot spend more than $150 - what would you buy?

I have a single stage press and everything I "need" to reload .223, 7-08 and 30-30. Only other caliber I have is 9mm but I don't really want to reload 9mm on a single stage press, I've done it and it takes way too long!

Ideas?

#7 ·
Most of my reloading supplies I got as I needed them. I wouldn't be afraid to gear up for 9mm on your single stage press. If you want a real progressive you just about have to go Dillon. That would bust your budget. You could also upgrade in any of several areas, priming, trimming,powder measure/dispenser, chamber COL measurement tool. Just look at an area where you are marginal. You could lay up some components for the next shortage.

#10 · (Edited)
Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the stuff you need to load 9mm just in case you ever need to.
If he gets the LCT from Kempf's as C4W suggests it comes with a set of Lee deluxe dies and he can get them in 9mm.

Lothar, I go with Colorado save just a little more and get the LCT set up with upgrade for 9mm. You'll be able to use your .223 dies and speed your production on those too by at least 2 fold.

#15 ·
Lee classic turret, close to 200 rounds per hour at a safe pace. As others said you can buy an extra turret later and throw your 223 dies in and load those 3 to 4 times faster also. I load 9mm, 38 spcl, 45 auto and 223 on my classic turret.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.