GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I disagree....
Ignoring crappy QC doesn't make it go away.
So True. Problem is that is so much cheaper to just not QC or go to sample selection for spot checks. This is not reserved to Glock. I think Sig is having some serious issues. I had to talk to them the other day and notable changes in Customer Service over the last 5 years.

Would not be surprised its its more industry wide as sales drop with a republican in office and cuts are made.

There is a workforce factor no doubt. But I am not up for that so early in the AM.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sights should be where they need to be for your POA to equal POI.
Glocks are just...weird. On every single Glock I have to drift the rear sight right but as shown above, it hits on target that way even at 25 (or 50) yards. On every other pistol my rear sight is perfectly centered and POA = POI lol
No doubt that is preferential. Its an indication of the quality of the casting, machining, and barrel to slide relationship. The issue comes with the subjectivity of "allowable tolerance"

Have you had anyone else shoot it to verify POI? Did is shoot on center with the OEMs? You can mic the sights to check notch is centered, but seems that would be a pretty well known problem if common and your having it as an all gun scenario precludes it being a bad set of sights.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Attention to detail always matters.....
How am I suppose to be 100% focused on work while I have to focus on my texts. Seriously?

Hey...did I center that last set of sights? Meh. The old guy at the end of the line will look at it. He was the one going on about these things need to be in middle like that even matters. Who even knows what that means. Man the connection in this building sucks....

Reactions: NiteGoat

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jason "YOU" Didn't notice THAT BEFORE you walked out the door with it???
WHO'S to Blame?
Wouldn't the obvious answer be the guy who installed it or who ever knocked it off center?

Is that like rear ending someone and blaming them for being stopped at a red light? If you werent there this would have never happened.

Hey I get what your saying, but lets put blame were it belongs. But OK to give him a hard time to being out to lunch not noticing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Seriously? G19.4 brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is not typical of Glock. I have several Glocks and none of them came like that. They all shoot just fine with the stock plastic sights. I would call Glock and they'll fix it and Glock probably will pay shipping both ways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wut?

Nobody uses the stock sights. Get some real sights and get with the program. Attention to detail doesn't matter anymore.
Come on Dick, are you seriously suggesting we need to correct bad craftsmanship?
Jason is with the program of getting what you paid for and your preference for sights is completely irrelivant. This site is to help, which is why Jason posted here.

·
Registered
150 Posts

A couple questions I always have when I've seen people post pick of new guns that look like this.

Did this happen while shooting?
Did you buy it at a shop?
Did the salesperson look the pistol over?
Did you look at the pistol before buying it?
Do you have a small plastic dowel?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,564 Posts
No doubt that is preferential. Its an indication of the quality of the casting, machining, and barrel to slide relationship. The issue comes with the subjectivity of "allowable tolerance"

Have you had anyone else shoot it to verify POI? Did is shoot on center with the OEMs? You can mic the sights to check notch is centered, but seems that would be a pretty well known problem if common and your having it as an all gun scenario precludes it being a bad set of sights.
I don't care if it does or does not shoot to POA for anybody else, it's my gun. ;)

I don't know the how or why and I don't care, the guns all hit where I aim them even out to 25 or (only tested a couple at 50) 50 yards, so it's all good. Just sharing that that's the way it is with me and mine since somebody else mentioned the same thing.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,564 Posts

BTW...is your finger in trigger guard/on the trigger there? Rule #3

·
Registered
3 Posts
just tap back in place
Hello, im a new Glock owner (G23 & G30sf) both with fsctory sights, temporarily. My question, forgive my "newbieism," what is the preferred method and kr tooks to "tap nack into place?" My 23 has this same problem but much less severe. Thanks for anybody's input or help I greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Hello, im a new Glock owner (G23 & G30sf) both with fsctory sights, temporarily. My question, forgive my "newbieism," what is the preferred method and kr tooks to "tap nack into place?" My 23 has this same problem but much less severe. Thanks for anybody's input or help I greatly appreciate it.
The OEM sights are very easy to move with simple tools. Do you have a vice, hammer, and punch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I just picked up a plastic dowl. I will fix it for now. I believe I may be at fault for shifting it while putting everything back together after stripping it completely to inspect it before I go shoot it. The slide slipped on the table a couple of times while standing it up getting the firing pin, cover, etc back on.

I bought it in a store. I inspected it. I sure don’t recall seeing this issue until the day I started this post.
Work keeps getting in the way of me going to the range. Hate this job!

·
Banned
293 Posts
Oh snap, time to change out the Sights :D
THIS IS IDENTICAL to an issue I had with a G20 Gen 4 out of the box from Cabela's! The Cabela's manager when I came back to ask for warranty assistance offered me half of my money back at the gun library! I asked for the store manager on a Sunday who came and chose to argue with me and then THREATENED ME with two if his security staff. This happened 3yrs ago at the Cabela's in Hazelwood, MO!
SO YES FOLKS! There are con artists, and then their are people you should NEVER EVER do business with.....Cabela's Hazelwood, MO is one of those places.....

·
NRA Life Member
63,408 Posts
I disagree. There is something to consider here and that is there is apparently a QC issue happening at Glock. The Gen 5 had this issue and now it's creeping over to other models. As I stated about the Gen 5, a gun should never leave the factory like that. It's like a car leaving the factory without a windshield...just shouldn't happen...ever. Oh, I suppose I could see one in say a 100,000 cause the guy on the line had to sneeze as it went by or he was looking at the cute new blonde as she was walking past. But batches of Gen 5's were coming out like that and now this. That's an issue. And if they're letting crappy QC out the door that is plainly visible it begs the question of what can't you see is also a potential issue?

Ignoring crappy QC doesn't make it go away.
You can push those things over with your thumb - it may have been perfectly fine when it went through QC and some time between packaging and the OP taking his picture, it got pushed to the side. Big deal. May have been done at the gun shop - did the OP say why he bought it, if the sights were a problem?

141 - 160 of 242 Posts