Glock Talk banner

What the hell Glock?

22491 Views 241 Replies 121 Participants Last post by  OXMYX
Seriously? G19.4 brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7,329 Posts
At least the slide finish isn't coming off yet. The finish started pealing off mine after the first 100 rounds. That gun is history. I am not going to pay for a flawed Gen 5. I love my Gen4 17 and 21. The Gen 5 finish will not last long. HK is much better by far. It is all a marketing ploy for Glock loyalists like I used to be.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
I'd like to see pics of the peeling finish.

· Registered
7,329 Posts
Same. On every single Glock I own or have owned I have installed night sights, and on every single one the rear sight is drifted noticeably to the right. But they shoot straight so I don't care in the least where the rear sight sits.

This with Trijicon, Meprolight, and Ameriglo sights

Example: The group below was fired offhand at 25 yards with carry ammo using the sights as pictured (not the best group, but carry ammo is expensive and it certainly proved to me that the gun shot where it was pointed)
That hasn't been the case for me. The only way that could be true is if Glock is offsetting the notch in their plastic sights.

· Registered
7,329 Posts
Hello, im a new Glock owner (G23 & G30sf) both with fsctory sights, temporarily. My question, forgive my "newbieism," what is the preferred method and kr tooks to "tap nack into place?" My 23 has this same problem but much less severe. Thanks for anybody's input or help I greatly appreciate it.
The OEM sights are very easy to move with simple tools. Do you have a vice, hammer, and punch?

· Registered
7,329 Posts
Sorry, but dropping it a few times on the table would not do this.

In the future inspect the pistol prior to purchase.

I bought a Gen 5 17 just because the sights were ever so slightly offset to the right. Folks at the store thought I was crazy. Bet them $20 it would shoot point of aim at 15 yds. They put it in a rest and I heard three shots then a long pause. Then another guy tried. Same thing. Then another.

They paid up.

Don't take my word for it. See it for yourself. Pay a little more to your local dealer but get WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you suggesting that Glock zeros every pistol they ship out?

· Registered
7,329 Posts
I have owned Glock Gen 4 43, 26, 30, 21, 19, and 17 and I have never had one issue with the plastic rear sight being off center. You don't need a sight pusher to fix the Gen 5 rear sight. You can use a nylon tipped punch our your hand to move them back in place. I don't believe Glock is drifting them to the right to help limp handed shooters who pull the gun left. I do believe they are lowering their standards and are now mass producing guns with inferior quality compared to the competing polymer guns on the market. Springfield, HK and even S&W guns are sent out of the factory in great working order and with quality. Glock has gotten greedy and let their quality slide. You are only as good as the quality of your products. Loyalists will overlook anything. Try an HK or FN and you won't ever need to worry about Glock plastic sights again because you will never purchase another one.

I'm starting to see a pattern to your posts.

· Registered
7,329 Posts
What that Glocks are no longer perfection? Pay a few more dollars and you can get a quality pistol. It works the same way with AR-15s. All cars are not the same so is the fact with guns. Sig 229 and 226 are great guns as well.

You joined a Glock forum on Tuesday so you could tell people to buy something else? These companies you're mentioning have been riding Glock's coat tails for 34 years. FN can't decide what model they're selling you this week. HK is dropping prices on their guns to stay afloat. S&W had all kinds of problems with the M&P line. A few months ago, everybody but Glock was offering rebates to get people to buy their guns. I suspect your stay here will be short-lived. I also think you're full of crap about the peeling Gen 5 finish.

· Registered
7,329 Posts
So you roll in the mudd,water, and sand for a living? I don't and most people don't. So why did the Sig get picked up by the military instead of a Glock? They made the changes to get selected but why didn't it work. Similar price point so what is the issue.

The Sig P320 was cheaper and Sig is supplying ammunition. It's been out for 4 years and nobody knew what it was until the MHS trials. Why did the Navy SEALs replace the Sig 226/Mk25 with the Glock 19? Why does SOCOM use Glock? How did Glock win the FBI contract when the solicitation was clearly written for the Sig P320? All these polymer guns are the same. When I want to scratch the itch for a better gun I pick up my Dan Wesson 1911.

· Registered
7,329 Posts
It's a plastic sight that Glock knows 99.9% of people will get rid of. It's a dovetail filler to replace the adjustable dovetail filler that it came in country with. There's nothing wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.