What the heck is Black Label Ammo????

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by JustSomeDude, Jun 3, 2020.

1. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude

I just went to Bass Pro here in Denver to beef up my ammo supply during all this craziness. I should've known everything would be sold out, but I just had to try.

Anyway, there were a few boxes left of 10mm Black Label ammo, so I grabbed them. They were literally the last boxes on the shelf, which should've been a bit of a red flag. I got home and tried getting some info on this ammo, and I couldn't find anything except for "Jesse James Black Label" ammo.

WTF?? Jesse James the bike builder guy????

So I checked the casing, and lo and behold, it is stamped "Jesse James." This looks like it's a new generic box, because all the other stuff I am finding with Google has his name plastered all over it. Which I can't imagine anyone is actually buying.

For crying out loud, I didn't know that frickin' guy was making ammo now. Does anyone know anything about this stuff? Is it total crap? Decent? What's the deal?

jesse.jpg

2. 4949shooter

4949shooter

3. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

I'm waiting for Lone Ranger and Billy the Kid, and The Dalton's ammo! ;)
    :cowboy:

CM
    :horse:

4. Gucci Glock

Gucci Glock

I might be mistaken but I do believe he made a custom 1911 for Trump, for whatever that is worth

porschedog likes this.
  5. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A

He's been making firearms for several years now. Very high end stuff.

porschedog likes this.
  6. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude

Just because something is called "high end" and has an absurd price tag, doesn't mean it's legitimately high end. It just means you found a way to get a sucker to part ways with his money.

But I'll give Jesse credit where credit is due... he is a genius marketing and PR person. He always has and always will be. I saw a documentary on him a few months back, and it specifically addressed his wealth. It was interesting to find out that he literally made all of his fortune on his West Coast Choppers "iron cross" line of clothing and accessories. Many of his "high end" custom build projects were sold at a loss, or break-even at best.

Again. I give him credit where credit it is due.

7. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Looks like an excuse to charge too much for SD ammo to me.

JustSomeDude likes this.