What single/double/tripple bedroom safes do you use?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by emt1581, Apr 7, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I've seen the gunvaults at Cabelas. Seems like a good solution for HD handguns when there are kids in the house. I know they make double pistol safes as well.

I've also seen in Resident Evil and Mr. and Mrs. Smith where drawers can be turned into handgun safes. Has anyone tried it?

I'd be worried about someone busting the drawer itself and then just taking the box with them to open later. I suppose you could reinforce and lock the drawer but still, seems like a liability if even possible outside of Hollywood.

Share what you use. Feel free to post pics. :)

Thanks!

-Emt1581

2. 25pd

25pd

the gun vaults are a great idea just be sure you screw it into the floor joist w/ ling strong wood screws. they are secure and easy to get into w/ code number, key etc. fwiw

3. 25pd

25pd

sorry emt 1581 - mine is an american security!!

4. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Floor? I was planning on mounting one to the bed frame. It's not meant to keep thieves from stealing it so much as to keep little hands from accessing it.

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

5. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

I have a couple of locking gun boxes that attach to the bed frame. I don't have pictures, and can't remember the name of the outfit that made them......bought them about 20 or 25yrs ago. They haven't been made for quite a long time now. Both have combination locking mechanisms, and alternate keyed entry. They would be pretty difficult to remove from the bedframe, because the screws are internal to the box.

Anyway, I've never seen a need to upgrade to something made more recently......they are very secure.

hog

6. Unlocked

Unlocked 4 8 15 16 23 42 CLM

I have one like this.

[​IMG]

7. farley45

farley45

I have one of the small gunvaults. I bought the small one, which has plenty of room for a full size 1911 or my G21, because I also have a large Cabelas safe that I keep the rest of my firearms in. I just wanted something that was quick to get into and did not take up much space.

I have it tethered down on a shelf in my closet. I generally keep a loaded G21 in there during the day, then at night I put the pistol in a paddle holster that I attach to the side of my bed.

I don't think I would spend the money on the larger gunvaults, unless I only had a couple handguns and I did not plan on purchasing more or buying an actual safe.

8. FAS1

FAS1

Attached to the bed frame for me. Only for a single handgun, but it presents it to you the same place every time without having to reach in and find it. Not just to keep the kids away but the cleaning service, plumber, pest control or anyone else that you might have in your home. No kids in the house so I leave it open at night and its right there next to my pillow. Mechanical pushbutton lock, 3/16" steel construction.

Link to 25% discount:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1156669

Attached Files:

9. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Wow! That looks pretty nice. Do yall offer a pull through holster though? Or can the holster be swapped out for any we currently own?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

10. Roadhawg55

Roadhawg55

I like that

11. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Me to but I need to know if it's adaptable.

-Emt1581

12. FAS1

FAS1

Thanks. The current holster is a universal nylon. I will be adding a couple of holster options in the next few weeks. One will be for a small rail mounted laser and the other for a rail mounted tactical light. I have several customers waiting on these additional holster options. If the box is mounted somewhere that is stationary (not a vehicle) you probably won't need the thumb break.

The mounting points for the holster could be a problem with other holsters. The right and left belt loops are used and as well as the barrel end of the holster as a mounting point.

There are some more photos on our Facebook page if you are a Facebook user.

13. GVIFlyer

GVIFlyer Senior Member

14. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

15. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

16. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I was actually expecting them so show where the safe was kept/mounted...who'd have thought the table WAS the safe?? :dunno:

-Emt1581