close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What should the GOP do after a Romney loss?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KalashniKEV, Oct 3, 2012.

1. frank4570

frank4570

I absolutely agree. But I think what the republicans will actually do is try to be more fiscally liberal like the other team, but try to take the moral high ground to appease the christians.

2. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

Right on! :supergrin:

3. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Obarry already said he was goign to lose the debates because he's not good at it.

4. MarinePride

MarinePride

Go the way of the Whig Party.

5. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Try giving us a candidate that's actually worth voting for, preferably someone not as phony and see-through as Romney.

What's brown and rhymes with Mitt....:whistling:

6. USAF96815

USAF96815

What should the GOP IF Romney loses?

Hide their guns as Barry will come for them.

It amazes me that anyone that loves the 2nd Amend would even consider voting for Barry.

7. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

What amazes me more is that gun owners think Romney won't come for them as well.

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I agree. Just look at his position on gun control as Governor of Massachusetts. That should tell them something. If he really cared about people Second Amendment rights, he would have done more and been more vocal about 2A right all these years.

What's more is when he was asked if he would sign another assault weapons ban if came across his desk as president, he said yes.

He's a no go.

9. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I agree.

10. Restless28

Restless28

That video still angers me. The RNC is corrupt.

11. Narkcop

Narkcop

:thumbsup:

12. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

It's quite counter to your assertions. Clinton was the master of triangulation and even he didn't want to get into the public policy morass of embryonic stem cell research...especially when the science doesn't show any advantage over plain old umbilical stem cell research.

So I'm not seeing how it's ignorant, especially when opinions on abortion are pretty well split 50/50 and not exclusively out of religious conviction.

Global warming is a fraud perpetuated by anti-freedom activists. Trying to say that's "science" is about akin to giving serious credence to phrenology.

Inre Ryan, are you trying to tell me the excellent Paul Ryan is off your list because of his religion? More to the point, how specifically is Ryan's religion a centerpiece to the ticket? I'd also mention that hey, Obama professes to be a Christian which by definition makes him a creationist as well....

And based on his performance last night, Romney's energy policy is anything but backward. It is eminently reasonable to be against pouring $90 billion into failed green energy companies, especially when the technology isn't there to make it feasible.

So again, your explanations aren't making it clear how purging social conservatives from the GOP is a "solution" to a Romney loss. Romney isn't running as a social conservative, and the major knock against him from the right has tended to be his *lack* of social conservative cred. He's running as a fiscal conservative.

13. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

The reality is you'll get one of them regardless. Then no matter which, next round you will get another, and another. It has never been any other way.

Unless someone is kool-aid drinking moron, politics isn't about picking the perfect candidate or someone you even like, it's about picking the one that will frak over your pocketbook less.

That is the game and you'll never convince enough people to change it.

14. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

The Tea Party still has a lot of influence at the Senate, House and State levels. If we can re-take the Senate and hold or advance in the House, it would be a fail-safe to an Obama victory.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  15. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

If you can't see the differences between 'O' and Mitt, and the potential long term impacts on this Country, I feel sorry for you.

Go vote for whom ever you want, but then don't complain about Obama when he wins again, because you will have helped put him back in office.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  16. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

I feel very sorry for you that you have been brainwashed by Obama and Romney, as they are laughing at you because they both have a same plan for America.

17. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Most people don't want a real solution to this country's problems, they just want a band-aid.

18. nursetim

nursetim

They should run a truly conservative candidate that has chutzpah to make a stand and not pander to whomever he/she thinks will garner the most votes. Good ideas speak for themselves.

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

To leftists its simple. You gas the undesirables.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Correct. A real solution means the end of Medicare, Social Security and the rest of the welfare state, a dramatic decrease to DOD and an end to the War on Drugs. The American people don't want that.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012