close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what should i get from Glockmeister?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cooper, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Cooper

Cooper

the slidelock spring on my G23 popped yesterday. so far, the gun is completely stock. i figure since i will have to buy a new spring and i was planning on detail stripping the gun for cleaning anyway, now is the time to order parts! but i am new to this and don't know what to get.

what other springs should i keep on hand?

i've heard a 3.5 lb connector makes the trigger pull smoother. is there anything else i need to order with this? why is it $25 when the others are only $4???

i'd like to upgrade to a metal recoil rod. what's up with different types (like tungsten)?

do i really need that fancy "glock disassembly tool" to detail strip my gun?

anything else??

thanks for helping a newbie out!

2. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

You did not say what you use your G-23 for, so I will assume it is used primarily for defense. The most popular changes are probably night sights, the factory extended slide stop and mag release, metal guide rod, and the 3.5 lb. connector. Not one of them is really required, but they can be nice. Night sights are useful in low light combat. The extended controls can be handy if you have small hands. Metal guide rods (tungsten is a bit heavier, but steel is almost the same and a lot cheaper) can prevent the occasional failure of the factory plastic rod. The 3.5 connector will make your trigger pull around 4 lbs., but you can get the same weight (with a crisper trigger) if you polish the trigger system friction points per one of the many GT threads on that subject. These connectors cost more than the 5 pounders because of supply and demand. Beware too light a trigger pull on a defensive pistol. See the GT classifed ads for cheaper prices.

You can keep a spare of all the springs, but you may never need them. It depends on how many rounds you shoot each month and how good, or bad, your luck is.

All you need to take your pistol completely apart is a 1/8" punch and a very small screwdriver (to remove the magazine release spring).

3. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

4. Cooper

Cooper

i went with spare slidelock and trigger springs, a steel guide rod and 22lb spring. i decided to wait on the trigger to research options (anybody out there tried the Glockmeister carry trigger package?).

thanks for the input!