close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What should I get for my First Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by oISHUTupNrocKIo, Feb 21, 2010.

1. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

Hey guys, I know your going to read the title and say, "Get the one your most comfortable with and you want the most"... well, I'm comfortable with 4 Glocks right now and I would like experiences and suggestions that anyone might have to help me along to choice. I'm generally going to get the least expensive priced one or at the best bargain. I just sold my Xbox 360 and other stuff for $500 and I'm making alot of overtime, so I'm going to have a good $1200 to spend after March 14th. So here are the 4 models I'm interested in...

Glock 19
    Specificly the Model 19 RTF2, I know they discontinued the rounded serrations, mainly why I wanted it, but I'm going to try to find it. They're still out there, you just have to look. Plus, I have 4 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 124 Gr +P, 2 boxes of Magtech 124 Gr, and 4 boxes of S&B 124 Gr FMJ in preparation of my 9mm Glock... cost effective.

Glock 27
    I love this gun to death... if I had to choose from the 4 I'm listing here, this would probably come out on top. .40 S&W is my favorite round, reliable and powerful, but not oversized (i.e. the Glock 27 frame/slide is the size of the G26 which is slimmer than the G29 and G30 due to the fatter (higher) calibar.) This will be my main carry piece, with either XS Night Sight Big Dot or Trijicon 3 Dot NS. If I don't get this as my first, I will get it maybe 2 months later.

Glock 20
    Preferably the SF model... I love this round, expensive, but incredible. This will be my main home defense firearm and profective firearm against big game (black bears) when fishing until I upgrade to my Ruger Super Redhawk. I just love this gun.

Glock 34
    I would use this as my competition weapon/target gun for maybe GSSF matches. I love the feel of it and the cut out on the top. I would keep this stock for GSSF matches, plus, I would like to keep a stock Glock because all of my other Glock will have certain mods for certain reasons.

I love all of the following models, and will own them all, but which one comes first? I'm also joining the GSSF for 1 years for competition and the LEO discount on one Glock. When I turn 21 next month, I'll be searching for one of the above at the best deal... but have any suggestions, remarks, tips, and experiences?

Thanks for reading :wavey:!

2. John L.

John L.

If you really plan to use .40 for carry and don't have another carry weapon, that should make your decision right there. A bear killer or target shooter won't do you much good sitting at home. Practice with what you carry primarily and be sure you can put the needed expense into shooting that caliber to be good at it.

3. Apothecurious

Apothecurious Pharmacist

G19RTF2 hands down.

The one I have is the one with the fish-gill serrations and I love them because they're unique. However my favorite thing about the RTF2 is the grip.

4. busadude

busadude

21 no questions asked !!

5. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

6. Magnet22

Magnet22

I would say 19! You have ammo already and its one of the most popular models ever..

7. oISHUTupNrocKIo

I know, I seen your video and I love the rounded serrations and the rough frame. I also forgot to add that I want an OD Glock too.

8. busadude

busadude

21 and 20 has same frame go with 21 .....cant beat .45acp in self defense situation

9. travDMH

travDMH

nevermind

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  10. oISHUTupNrocKIo

Thanks for the input man, but I've shot the 21, I liked it, but I figured, why get a Glock chambered in .45 ACP? I would just get a high end 1911 for .45 ACP.

11. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

Get the G19! This also was my first Glock. Now I own five total. Working on that sixth one now. I want a G36, 26 or 27. Still pondering...LOL

12. XDRoX

XDRoX

13. busadude

busadude

for 2 times as much $$ ?? why not get a "high end" 9 or 40 ? thought we were talking glocks ???? high end as it get bro !!

14. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

This is a new one...

15. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Don't forget about the G29...:shame:

16. oISHUTupNrocKIo

I like the full size 10mm Glock... its easier to control and more firepower IMO.

17. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Got one...G29 next! You'll love the 20...:perfect10:

18. Adionik

Adionik

Becomes Glocks break down in 5 seconds and are reliable as ****...

19. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

This!

Get your carry piece first! The 27 was my first and still my favorite.

20. travDMH

travDMH

I was told that when I was getting my first Glock last week. I just did some research. Turns out its total malarky, my bad. I'll fact check next time :shocked: