Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I normally like paid apps for Android, cause I get tired of sneaky, data-consuming ads. But I ended up installing "Splits", as it seemed to have the right features (but annoying ads).

What do you folks use?

Update: I bought the "ad free" version after I installed the free version. But I'll have wait for the weekend to try it out.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I normally like paid apps for Android, cause I get tired of sneaky, data-consuming ads. But I ended up installing "Splits", as it seemed to have the right features (but annoying ads).

What do you folks use?
Why not just use a timer?
I have a PACT CT3, can attach to belt or by someone else hand held.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
My guess is the difference in free and $118
I've had mine since '03 so don't remember the cost. Still runs like new and no Wi-Fi.
Just noticed McDonough...I lived in COBB (Smyrna Vinnings) 20 yrs. Retired from NAS Lant at Dobbins in '93. Going back in a couple of years. Wife is from here and wanted to come back for a while. I put a time frame going back with or without. I shot a lot at South River in Connyers. Lots of IDPA and IPSC. Lived behind Glock, I remember when the ground was being cleared and when it was broken into.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Yep, except that I shelled out $2.49 for the "ad free" version.

Since nearly everybody has a smart phone nowadays, I just assumed the sverage Joe would be using a shot timer app.
I'm going to check it out. My first time hearing of it.

·
Semper Fi
1,556 Posts
I've had mine since '03 so don't remember the cost. Still runs like new and no Wi-Fi.
Just noticed McDonough...I lived in COBB (Smyrna Vinnings) 20 yrs. Retired from NAS Lant at Dobbins in '93. Going back in a couple of years. Wife is from here and wanted to come back for a while. I put a time frame going back with or without. I shot a lot at South River in Connyers. Lots of IDPA and IPSC. Lived behind Glock, I remember when the ground was being cleared and when it was broken into.
Small world! I miss North Cakalakie, beautiful state! I lived on the coast ( Jacksonville ) while I was in the Corps and my parents lived in Charlotte. Loved every bit of the state, so I don't blame her one bit.

I was a member of the SRGC until last year. They had to shut down the rifle range due to members shooting birds off the power lines and causing damage. I'm not a big shot gunner or 3 gunner so all that was left for me was the pits and the KD pistol ranges. Not worth the money at that point. I'm hoping they get the rifle range back open this year ( they may already have ) so I can get back out there. Beautiful range!!

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Sure is a small world. My first duty station was Camp Swamp (as we called it back in the day) in '64. I was in Force Troops. Way down there across the street from the BAM barricks. After Dom Rep. then Gitmo to NAM in 10/'65 to 11/67 went to 3rd. MAW door gunner. Marine Corps Shooting Team at that forsaken Quantico. You know how we do traveling all over the world, Drill Field 3 tours, PI and Hollywood. Retired when came back from Desert Storm.
SEMPER-FI Brother forever.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Yep, except that I shelled out $2.49 for the "ad free" version.

Since nearly everybody has a smart phone nowadays, I just assumed the sverage Joe would be using a shot timer app.
Just left the Google store. Sure are a few of them. I want to try one. Your recommendation would be ?

Reactions: dla

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just left the Google store. Sure are a few of them. I want to try one. Your recommendation would be ?
Well that was my question with this thread :) I was kindof hoping folks would guide me.

I'm trying "splits" shot timer. You download the free version and then there is an option to buy the "ads free" version. I've played with it some, but not live fire.

·
Semper Fi
1,556 Posts
SEMPER-FI Brother forever.
Brother you did it all!!! You retired just as I was getting there, when your generation Marine retired out the Corps changed...not for the better. That's a discussion for another time.
BTW - I'm a surfer and I'll take MMF and Smokey over sand fleas ANY day

SEMPER FI

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used the Splits app today. The app has a bit of a problem occasionally where it records the first shot waytoo fast. For example,

This shows my first shot at .28 seconds - Jerry Miculek speed. I am not that fast. It didnt do it all the time - just once.

The interface isnt intuitively obvious. The "help" needs a "how to" section so a new user understands the expected operation. For example, if you are not a gamer, you might not undrstand what "comstock" is and then wonder why first shot time results dont reset when you hit start timer.

Anyways, its not a bad app - but the Google playbstore review format totally sucks making it impossible to find out these short comings before you commit.

I'm doing a writeup on it - later.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I used the Splits app today. The app has a bit of a problem occasionally where it records the first shot waytoo fast. For example,

This shows my first shot at .28 seconds - Jerry Miculek speed. I am not that fast. It didnt do it all the time - just once.

The interface isnt intuitively obvious. The "help" needs a "how to" section so a new user understands the expected operation. For example, if you are not a gamer, you might not undrstand what "comstock" is and then wonder why first shot time results dont reset when you hit start timer.

Anyways, its not a bad app - but the Google playbstore review format totally sucks making it impossible to find out these short comings before you commit.

I'm doing a writeup on it - later.
:goodpost::number1::waving:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts