What shortage will the next?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Railsplitter, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Pluto57

Pluto57

Good point. I think this is probably the best indicator that the virus is not being transmitted via surfaces.

2. ruffhunter

ruffhunter

You nailed what i was thinking.
    The kroger (northern grocery chain) shelves have been awful. Especially the past month for some reason. No particular item, just everything thing seems to be wiped out. They have eliminated many sections of canned goods. In the canned aisle, Now they just fill a 4ft wide sections with gallon canned veggies. have some canned goods, then a 4ft section of chips, then some juice, wth. Never seen the gallon cans in these stores before. Spaghetti sauce section is 20ft long, now its just one brand spread across. Alfredo, forget it!. I use miracle maize (corn meal) for fish batter, its been out for months. They finally had some and i got the last two. I stocked grocery shelves as a teen and we had plenty of stock in the back in the 80s. I dont think they do that at all anymore. Your right on bacon, its just gone. We got a mom and pop chain grocery that has good meat. Luckily their in the case smoked bacon is still 4.99 everyday and its way better than the packaged stuff. The only thing that there was an abundance of throughout the scare was eggs. 89 cents for 18 at its lowest. There is a major egg farm wholesaler 70 miles away.

I think there will be a covid 2.0 scare this winter and back to insanity. Unless Fauchi get the Your Fired! I filled my freezer up with fish fillets already. No more passing up does for antlers this year. My dad pressure cooks and cans chunked deer meat for noodles. So im planning on more deer n noodles, deer spaghetti and taco meat.

3. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

There is none of it in my pantry so it must have already started.

4. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Good question, there is already a shortage of common sense in the Democrat leftist party. guns and Ammo shortage will just get worse. Especially if the Democrats end up controlling the House, Senate and Presidency.

slym2none likes this.
  5. Pluto57

Pluto57

Wow. Nothing like that here. There are some things that are in short supply, but generally the shelves are pretty well stocked.

ruffhunter likes this.
  6. jmohme

jmohme

That has been the primary shortage all along and will probably continue to be!

varget and PeterG like this.
  7. thespork

thespork

Love it..
    Are you a cream or wine sauce person?

I like wine sauce..
    Pairs well with good vodka at freezer temp...
    Great for a cold Saturday/Sunday watching football

8. bdcochran

bdcochran

1. auto parts. Sounds stupid, but here it is.
    a. Think about who manufacturers spare parts for your car. What country are they made in. What are the restrictions on sales. Example. My car has OEM parts made by dozens of subcontractors in Japan. The big company ships them all only to NJ. The parts are then upsed to dealers and/or auto parts stores. No one keeps an inventory of parts. Not even your local dealer. This is why I order parts sometimes a year in advance.
    2. general. It took three months earlier this year to get my shipment form the PRC. If the things had been in inventory, I would have taken only six weeks. Tomorrow, I am going on eBay to ask for a refund on parts. It has been three months. The shipping tracking does not reflect that anything was shipped. I had that problem with another vendor earlier this year of none shipping and said to h--l with it. Not this time.
    3. 70% isopropyl alcohol in gallon containers. Have on 7. Will be months before more appear.
    4. Specifically bread yeast. The item is not on the shelves from the largest manufacturer. Relying on morons to stop baking at home if schools are reopened. If schools do not reopen, it will be another year to find it in the markets.

9. Dexter829

Dexter829

I dont have any idea about it...

10. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

11. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

12. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

And the prices are crazy. I waited for a few months to buy this set, and it cost me an extra $250.
    A04BC735-6DA2-4B23-86E7-B752E0260AE9.jpeg

13. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

Condoms. Because we're all getting screwed.

14. slym2none

slym2none

Add common sense to that list, please.

Beef topped out at $8.99 minimum for the cheapest stuff a few weeks back, and while it has dropped a bit, it's definitely a little higher than it was a month ago. Bacon is nearly non-existent, and I am not too dang far from a lot of hog-farms and a large Smithfield plant.

15. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

I found out today there is a coin shortage! Apparently the U.S. mints have cut back on coin production because of covid. Rumor has it that some stores have stopped using them because of this. Better start hoarding those pennies, you can stack them next to your .22LR ammo.

16. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Chapstick. Call me crazy but it makes about as much sense as the TP hoarding.

17. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I usually go to my bank once a month and get 2 10 dollar rolls of quarters to do my laundry in the laundry room of my apartment building.

Sometimes if it's too late in the day and the bank is closed I go to a local market and just get one ten dollar roll. About a week and a half ago I went to the market and found out about the coin shortage so the next day I went to my bank and found out the local branch was closed again, except for drive thru only.

So the next day, I had to drive to the main branch thirty miles away and got my Quarters.

18. TJx

TJx

According to lifelong bicycle mechanic cousin, all things bicycle.

19. scattershot

scattershot

They make it up, like most of the statistics we get.

20. jhooten

jhooten NRA Life Member

Civility/courtesy.

varget and slym2none like this.