Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
42,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a half dozen ARs in various configurations, plus lots of time with military M4s and M16A2s, I've pretty much decided what I like for different roles. Stocks, grips, triggers, barrel lengths/profiles, gas systems, handguards, etc.

I can NEVER make up my mind on optics. I've used ACOGs, EOTechs, Aimpoints, and lower end 1-4x variables, and there are things I like about each of them, enough that I can't seem to come to a decision. Get into magnified optics, and I'm completely lost.

Anyone else have a hard time making up their mind about a certain part?

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Optics as well. More like how much to spend. Will said amount for optic x work for what I need or should I double or triple my optics budget and purchase brand y because I know it'll get the job done?

·
Come on man!!
16,295 Posts
I'm exactly the opposite in terms of optics and almost every other accesory I've ever tried.

I do a little research and find what I think will work for me and I'm usually pretty lucky. For my AR I wanted an Eotech for the versatility of the reticle. I liked the idea of having the big outer circle for close in work and the smaller inner dot for precision at distances. For me it worked perfectly even though I have an astigmatism.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Magazines.

I know I'm supposed to love PMags, but USGI type w/ a Magpul follower (from BCM) are only 2/3 of the price and I have yet to have one fail on me.

The Lancer L5A are nice, but like hen's teeth around my neck of the woods.

The best thing about magazine angst is that they're so relatively cheap that you can keep changing your mind.

·
12,970 Posts
I generally don't have to think.

I've been doing it long enough i know what works and why, and what i like.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
When I put mine together it was the BCG, whether or not to do with NiB. In the end I did. The rest was easy, DD. Optics is taking some thought but I've been leaning towards EOTECH from the start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts