GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,472 Posts
I post the same thing for all the mutilated guns people post. The granddad's prized WWI or WWII bring back that Bubba tries to make look tactical. All those Glocks which have been destroyed with soddening irons. The revolvers with part or ALL of the trigger guards gone.

I HATE DAO guns. Your's looks like a good modification and it is just a hammer, it can be replaced.

OK..... Thanks !
I only have this one "bobbed." Just for 'whenever' I do take him to town... ;)

Stay safe.

CanyonMan
:horse:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
As a primary or backup, what holster?
I’m thinking about picking one up this week, assuming the prices are not unreasonable.

Anyone have the LCR .38?
I've carried a S&W Centennial in either steel or airweight for over 20 years of CCW. I swear by them as for revolvers. Appendix IWB. But I use a .22 Ruger LCR II for understudy and an all metal solid non-gun J frame for draw practice at home. Plus I reload. Skill is far more important than what gun you pack.

But now I'm packing Glock 43 most of the time. Except for Appendix IWB the Glock is just as handy as the Centennial but more powerful and holds more rounds.

Reactions: Gray_Rider

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great thing about this forum is what others know and you can learn from. I never heard of RASC and thought pike bishop was referring to they knife. I looked up “RASC knife” and up came the attachment to the loading strips. Neat device.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Where did you get those snubbie holsters? I want!
They are made by GearCraft holsters. It is the old Solo model that, last I looked, they don't make anymore. But, if you ask them for Gen.1 Solos, they might do it. They made mine by request, but it was very shortly after they went to the Gen.2s. That was a year or two back now.

·
Just lack finishing up
3,628 Posts
My point was, if you choose to carry a .38 spl you are choosing less convenience and ease of carry, while also getting less power and capacity and slower reloads. That is not a logical decision. I carried revolvers for many years and I don't recall that big cylinder ever being easier to conceal than my Glock 43.
I get what you are saying. Heck, I carry a P365 way more often than any of my snubs. Still, there is something about the snubby that makes it attractive. Despite its limitations.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Yes
Greetings Gray-Rider. In the Gravest Extreme. I am old enough to have read MA’s writings for nearly 40 years. I did forget, its that age thing, i have 2 very cool, vintage, upside down Shoulder holsters. The seller of the colt cobra gave me a cobra holster he used to wear to carry the cobra and i came across a galco, i think, for up to 3” j frames on a board and had a shoe repair shop replace the elastic shoulder strap. But they wear a bit too far under the arm pit instead of out in front. lt. Bullit, here i come.
Yes....anyone wants to play "footsie" with Mas has more than one screw loose.

Probably the same goes with the "Evil Princess"...LOL

Gray_Rider
Old Secessh

·
Registered
109 Posts
A bamboo fishing rod, a manual transmission, books, wool sweaters, leather holsters, revolvers. There are newer, maybe better, replacements but the nostalgia is worth the inconvenience or extra effort. 5 plus rds of .38 and up ( and a strip or reloader) ought to be enough.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Excellent pic!
Your pic is better than mine.

Plus your sights are better, your grips are bigger, you can fire .357(if need be), and you have no lock.

I still love my 442 (lock removed) carried AIWB in a Vedder LightTuck. A Speed Strip or two in my right front pocket. I stoke it with standard velocity Hornady 125gr XTP Hollowpoint ammo. It shoots point of aim from 5 to 15 yds about as fast as I can cycle the trigger. Will also ding my 12” steel plates out to 25-30 yds if I do my part.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
A bamboo fishing rod, a manual transmission, books, wool sweaters, leather holsters, revolvers. There are newer, maybe better, replacements but the nostalgia is worth the inconvenience or extra effort. 5 plus rds of .38 and up ( and a strip or reloader) ought to be enough.
True, although I would argue that a snubbie in pocket is MORE convenient and takes LESS effort.

Reactions: Quade

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Here's my EDC. I really like it. LCR in .327 Federal Magnum. Six shots of 350 ft/lbs of goodness.

20201102_080334.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't like softee holsters for pocket carry so this S&W Model 60 Chief's Special J-frame in .38 Special goes into this stiff and grabby little eyesore. I can't remember the make of this particular holster as I bought it quite a few years ago, but it fulfills its assigned role admirably for me. I consider the +P hollowpoints that I feed The Pocketed One to be adequate.

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
It’s so nice to see all this revolver love.

I carried my S&W model 64 today. It’s a 3” barrel, round butt model. Not the prettiest revolver I own by any means, but it’s a very practical carry revolver.

I carried a Comp II speedloader in a split-six pouch on my belt, and a speed strip in my pocket as reloads.

I carry it loaded with Gold Dot short barrel 135g.

I always feel well armed with that setup, and I practice with it often.

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1604507288.691807.jpg

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1604507312.174752.jpg

141 - 160 of 204 Posts