GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 204 Posts

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,511 Posts
I find my J-Frame more comfortable in my right front pocket than my G43. Wouldn't think that it would be so.

·
Señor Member
8,987 Posts
The cheap nylon pocket holsters from Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk are the best I've found for small snubbies. Kydex is uncomfortable and most others like Mika and DeSantis add too much bulk. Sometimes simple and cheap is best. At least that is my experience. YMMV.
I used to appendix carry IWB with an Uncle Mike's neoprene(?) any one 3 Glock subcompacts until my belly got in the way. Now I use Nemesis for pocket carrying either a P3AT or a S&W638, which work fine.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I don't have a G43 so I can't comment on that particular gun. I do own a P365 and a Hellcat. Both are great pistols but they just don't pocket carry as well as a J Frame. They are heavier, they print more, and they are harder to draw smoothly. I will concede that they are easier to shoot accurately at longer distances, but I just don't see needing to hit a small target at 40 yards. Even though I carry a speed strip I don't see a reload as a possibility either. As I said before, my carry gun is my get out of trouble tool. I'll let LE go after the bad guys.
I agree. I carry speed strips or a spare magazine. But, I’ve always believed, if you have to reload in a self defense shooting, whether from running out of ammo or malfunction, by the time you get the reload done with either semi auto or revolver, you’ve either lost the fight or the bad guy has turned tail and run.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
It has been a few years since I carried a revolver, but when I did it was either a Colt Agent or a Colt Detective Special or, sometimes, both. I currently have a pair of oversized grips on my DS, so it isn't really a carry option right now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I carry my Ruger LCR 357 in a Sticky holster in my front right pocket approximately 350 days per year here in southwest Florida. When it cools down a bit for the remaining 15 days, I’ll carry my G43 or G48 IWB to change things up a bit.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
M60

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,511 Posts
You can never go wrong carrying, "The Pig." Six hundred or so rounds per minute should take care of most social situations. Just be sure to carry a few extra bandoliers.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
In my own case, I occasionally carry my SW 642. It too is the favorite of my GF because her hand strength is too unreliable to rack an auto.
Currently, it packs a commercially reloaded soft lead alloy SWCHP with a pinch of extra powder.

I added a Crimson Trace lazer and front pocket carry most of the time, but also carry on my hip. For front pocket carry and .38 punch, few guns beat it.

Like Bren, I prefer my Glock 30 or Taurus G2C for extra ammo and no slow reloading problems, but the little guy fills more than one nitche for me.

Mine also came with a butter smooth trigger out of the box!

Gray_Rider
Old Secessh

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
You can never go wrong carrying, "The Pig." Six hundred or so rounds per minute should take care of most social situations. Just be sure to carry a few extra bandoliers.
I couldn't find an IWB for that so settled on one of these.

IMG_20161002_135955895_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161002_135936101_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Had to go into the city this morning. Carried my 3” K frame with a speedloader and a speed strip as reloads.

Felt pretty well protected with that setup.

But what if you were unexpectedly surrounded by 300 Antifa Zombies, all carrying axes, that they'd lit on fire? Huh? Huh? What about that "Mr. Well Protected "? THEN you're a dead man. And that'll teach you.

...meanwhile...back in the reality based community...I frequently carry this one below. It's saved my life back in my LEO days and, if I do say so myself, I'm no slouch with it. It rides in a well worn Desantis OWB pancake.

YMMV. Don't care if it does.

20170319_151847.jpg

·
Registered
430 Posts
But what if you were unexpectedly surrounded by 300 Antifa Zombies, all carrying axes, that they'd lit on fire? Huh? Huh? What about that "Mr. Well Protected "? THEN you're a dead man. And that'll teach you.

...meanwhile...back in the reality based community...I frequently carry this one below. It's saved my life back in my LEO days and, if I do say so myself, I'm no slouch with it. It rides in a well worn Desantis OWB pancake.

YMMV. Don't care if it does.

View attachment 849364
How do you get the trigger and hammer to look like that?

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,568 Posts
On the few occasions lately when I carry a revolver. This one here, S&W 66-5,
2 1/2” in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster.

D3CA79DC-D71A-4AAA-A900-46971218B031.jpeg

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
I bought a Uncle Mikes shoulder rig many years ago for a K17. Never really wore it.

Now I have:
649, no holster, and can't find ammo to feed it. I want a paddle.
686, 6inch, no holster, and can't find ammo to feed it. I will try the uncle mikes, but want a better shoulder rig, and want a cowboyish belt and holster
629. 6.5inch, no holster. I will try the uncle mikes, but want a better shoulder rig, and want a cowboyish belt and holster.

HELP!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Its my outside coat pocket, walk the dog in the big city revolver. Its a 1959+/- SW mod 36, a 1957 colt cobra or a 642 with crimson trace. If carried on a belt, a desantis mini scabbard for the j frames. Drop in the pocket, no holster otherwise. Maybe too many tv detective shows as a kid; i have a fascination with the little revolvers.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Its my outside coat pocket, walk the dog in the big city revolver. Drop in the pocket, no holster otherwise.
Lola,

Our own Massad Ayoob once was traveling through an airport parking lot of a large anti gun city.
It was a cold blustery day, and his primary was deep below his winter clothes, but a .38 snub was like your carry in the pocket of his overcoat.

He noticed a man some little distance away who turned away from Mas' wave and tossed away the cigarette he was smoking. As Mas deduced, it was a sign to a companion and both men converged upon him at a run.

Mas related how he drew the snubby, and in his words it was the only time outside of a cartoon someone skidded to a stop "with their toes in the air" and then both suddenly remembered pressing business elsewhere.

Snubbys are also remarkably difficult to wrestle away without running the risk of having a hand blown off in such an attempt, or your attacker to find his gut or privates in in the line of fire during a kerfuffle.

They are also very reliable even when dirty or cluttered with pocket lint, or as so occasionally happens, must be pressed into the body or an assailant to end a deadly assault..

May yours guard you well!

Gray_Rider
Nefarious
Old Secessh

81 - 100 of 204 Posts