close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What Printer To Get?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Glock13, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Glock13

Glock13

Hey guys,

I'm going to OTS in the Air Force next week for 3 months in Alabama. We are strongly adviced to bring a laptop and a small printer. So, basically I need some advice on what printer to get. Obviously it has to be somewhat small, but I realize they only get so small. I need it to be pretty cheap also...$100 or less preferably and also something where the ink is cheap. Any suggestions? I saw some cheap laser ones at Office Depot. Would a laser be a good idea or should I stick to ink jet?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Laser is nice but not cheap nor small.Maybe a Hewlett-Packard inkjet/deskjet.Try to find one on sale and get at least one model better than their cheapest model.Make sure you have an USB cable to hook it up to your laptop.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

An HP and some refill ink is the best plan, IMNSHO!

A hint: drill a small hole into the TOP of the inkwell...do NOT try to use the pop-the-BB-and-use-the-plug method. Never works right and can kill your printer when it leaks.

And it WILL leak.

I use a 1/32" drill bit and go slow, then use a screw from an eyeglass repair kit to seal it. Problem solved...as long as you make sure your mod won't be interfering with the cartridge locking mechanism!

GL