Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mod 10-6 that was dropped. The fall broke the hammer spur and now the gun will push off when cocked in SA mode.

One of my co-workers was the dept armorer when we issued SW revolvers. He offered to fix it for free if I ordered the parts.

I left the office today and forgot to ask him if I needed anything other than a hammer.

I was also going to order three new frame screws just to replace them while I am in there. Other than the push off the gun locks up tight and has no other problems.

I am looking at MidwaUSA now and need to know if I need to replace any other parts to fix the push-off.

Thanks for any help I can get.

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
I would start with the hammer and go from there after it is replaced.
Rounding probably the problem.
:wavey:

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
P.S. good idea on screws. Have done that myself at times.
:supergrin:

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would start with the hammer and go from there after it is replaced.
Rounding probably the problem.
Not looking good guys, I can't find parts for one this old. I called SW and they estimated $150 including shipping to repair it, but advised they would include a cleaning, tune-up and lube along with the repair.

That is more than I am wanting to spend on it, but may be an option if I cant find the parts.

I guess I will keep looking.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Unless it was dropped cocked, the hammer should be good. Theres a pretty easy way (easy if you know what you are doing) to fix push off with a stone on the trigger part of the sear. let me see if I can find the drawing from the armorers manual.

·
bulletproof
1,853 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
If push-off is your only problem, I'd just grind the broken spur down, grind off the single-action notch and shoot it DA only.

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
If push-off is your only problem, I'd just grind the broken spur down, grind off the single-action notch and shoot it DA only.
This has worked in the past.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts