Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I picked up a used Glock 17 Gen 3 awhile back with what I thought were Trijicon HD night sights. They say trijicon on the top of the front and the side of the rear just like all the others. I have recently installed HD's on my G21 and G19 but they are different than the ones on my G17.

The ones on the G17 arent as tall and they have a square notch on the rear and a square front sight. All the others I have installed and seen are all U shaped rear with a circle front. I have been reading a little online a some people were saying that other companies have been puting the trijicon logo on their sights since they were using the trijicon inserts (Not sure if this is true though)

So my question: Are these TRUE trijicon HD's or another companies?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not HD's. They look like Ameriglo to me.
I wasn't thinking they were HD's either. I just assumed with them saying Trijicon on the side the they were. Kinda confusing since they have the exact same markings as the TRUE trijicons. I wonder how I can find out for sure what they are?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
98.SiG and Rising!
777 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trijicon-HD-Night-Tritium-Sight-For-Glock-20-21-29-30-31-Orange-Outline-GL104O-/380739583359?_trksid=p2054897.l4276"]Trijicon HD Night Tritium Sight for Glock 20 21 29 30 31 Orange Outline GL104O | eBay[/ame]

yea the rear sights look different on these from the ones above. maybe an older model of HD sights?

·
In Jail...
1,488 Posts
Just about everyone uses Trijicon inserts, looking at the side they were manufactured in 2012. Basically it comes down to what you like as far as shape and sight picture. Ameriglo makes great sights, if they're bright and you like em' don't sweat it. I just ordered a set of Hackathorn Ameriglo for my G23 and have the I.C.E. Claw set on my G27.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just about everyone uses Trijicon inserts, looking at the side they were manufactured in 2012. Basically it comes down to what you like as far as shape and sight picture. Ameriglo makes great sights, if they're bright and you like em' don't sweat it. I just ordered a set of Hackathorn Ameriglo for my G23 and have the I.C.E. Claw set on my G27.
I dont plan on changing them or anything. I shoot just as good with these as I do the HD's on my other glocks. I was just curious.

·
Registered
35 Posts

literally just confirmed my order for some Ameriglo combination sights. Black/Red. looking forward to seeing how i aim with them

·
In Jail...
1,488 Posts
I used to love Trijicon's but they really priced themselves out as far as I'm concerned. Ameriglo really gives you a lot of options and a lot of sight for the money. Personally I don't care for lamps in the rear so I can literally put sights on two guns for what one set of Trijicon's cost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts