What mods are allowed in GSSF Civilian Stock?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by myglockisa23, Jun 3, 2002.

1. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I see 3.5 # triggers advertised on the internet for all Glocks and companies offering trigger jobs saying that these are legal in all GSSF Catagories. Is this OK in the Civilian Stock Category?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If it is a factory Glock part, it is legal. Rocket connectors, Glockworks connectors, Scherer connectors, etc., are not factory parts. Aftermarket sights are allowed if they are of traditional notch and post design (no express sights, ghost rings, fiber optics or lasers). Skate board tape, decal grip, or rubber grip sleeves are allowed.

Set up on my G19 is: Heinie sights, Decal Grip, G17 smooth trigger, factory 3.5# connector.

The secret to success is found in practice--no fives. If you look at the scores from any match, you will find shooters that miss very fast and finishing poorly, and slower, more accurate shooters finishing near the top. Remember, it's time PLUS points. A miss is 10 points! A hit outside the "C" ring is 5 points! Don't let yourself be intimidated by someone else's speed.

Rules, stages, match results and maps may be found at www.gssfonline.com

3. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

You're right! I made that mistake myself, worried that I might look silly shooting slow, instead I shot fast and had 3 misses at the 25 yard target. Waldorf was my first match and with a new gun. I expect a big improvement in my scores now that I've been through this. I'll be prepared for NJ by shooting at least 500 more rounds before that match and using the G17.

4. mike from philly

mike from philly

Danny, you are so right! Taking the time to get X ring hits is the best way to go.

SLOW and Accurate is FAST.

mike

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Unless you shoot against someone who is accurate and fast! ;f

6. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

I can shoot slow and I can shoot fast. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the correlation to accuracy. I learned in my first attempt to qualify in IDPA that you really need to practice EXACTLY what you will be shooting. I practiced at 20yds and did well. I knew to take my time. Somehow by shooting behind cover it so changed what I saw when I shot that taking my time didn't help. I think 1/2 of the shots were not on target! Ughhh slow and still missing. That is not the recipe for success.

7. Guest

I purchased a 3.5# connector on ebay and the guy said that it was factory Glock but is there a way to be sure? I don't compete now but I have thought about it in the future.

8. Guest

Does anybody have an answer?

9. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

There's no way to tell for sure. All should have a little"-" on the ear that you can see when you remove the slide. Scherer 3.5's have an "S" stamped on the bottom. I don't know about Alchemy(?) or Glockworks. If it sounds too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.;)

10. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I have a couple of early Alchemy Arms and they are not marked. There really is no way to tell the difference between them and a Glock. Except that a lot of people have had problems with the AA and I have never heard of a problem with a Glock 3.5. I will also add that I never had any problems with my AA connectors, but some have.