What Makes You a Guitar Nerd?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by chewybaca67, Apr 23, 2007.

1. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Okay, I got this from the "Are you a Nerd" thread, but guitar folks are nerdy.....but in a....er......"different" way. So, what makes you a guitar nerd? Here's a few of mine.

* I got Guitar Tab mags all the way back to 1982 with the 1st full guitar song I learned "Bark at the Moon"
    * I still play "Bark at The Moon."
    * I seem to have too many guitars for some.....I think like 17 right now.
    * Yep, have the ol' digital recording studio and stuff. I had a Mackie Spike, but it turned out not to be too good. Okay, so I'm
    not so nerdy maybe cuz I don't have all the cool computer
    recording stuff.
    * Pedals, peadsl, pedals, and more pedals.
    * After 25 or so years of playing, still trying to get "that sound"
    that I can live with the rest of my life.
    * getting that sound includes spend every cent (not spent on gun stuff) getting pedals, swaping pickups, cables, strings, and of course...Amps.
    * I absolutely HAVE TO bring a guitar and amp where ever I go. Be it a vacation, to the girlfriends' hut, to my folk's place, work related trip, even the friggin' US Border Patrol Academy when I was there (had my Pignose amp and Stienberger set up, now I got rid of the Pignose and got the Roland Cube X10 better!). Even if I don't play it......it HAS TO be around.
    * Have transceded the point where I now want my guitar playing to be
    creative and express with my feelings vs. just trying to get
    laid. Well......at least with younger girls in their 20's, after all I'm forty!
    * I have to get a guitar everytime I break up with a girlfriend (2
    guitars for a marriage). Thus why I have...er...17
    guitars.......that I've kept.
    * I have too get guitars that resmble the women I've dated/married. Example, I used to date this girl from Czech republic while in Grad school. So when we broke up, I had to get a Alpine White Les Paul with Golden Hardware......Ooooo! On the other hand.......I don't wanna say anything about my old Gretchen Hollowbody.

What about y'all?

2. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

Gretchen Hollowbody... Sounds like a woman from a James Bond film. :)

I'm a guitar nerd because I know when Leo Fender came out with his first electric guitar, and amp, and what he did before he built guitars and amps.

Same with Les Paul.

I don't have too many guitars. As if that was even possible. Currently at 6 since I sold a couple.

I have 4 guitar amps and 1 bass amp.

I know tube amps sound better than solid state.

I'm a nerd because I keep the finger nails on my left hand short and the nails on my right hand long... (For ease of fretting and picking).

Also, because I always have several picks in my pockets.

I stop in at Guitar Center at least 2 to 3 times a month.

I receive every catalog out there... Musicians Friend, Zzounds, Music 123, and the list goes on.

I used to subscribe to several guitar magazines. For years until recently when they all started focusing too much on crappy bands I don't like.

I have about 200 copies of Guitar Player magazine.
    All in plastic sleeves.

3. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Still in the plastic? Wow. My divorce SG still has the plastic on the pickguard...after like 3.5 years?
    Also, I guess I'm a G-nerd cause I've been told by girlfriends that my fingers move like I'm playing while I'm asleep. Hmmmm, could be dreaming of groupies however!:drool: