close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What makes a cheesburger yours?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Jeeps, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Jeeps

Jeeps Millennium Member

Bacon, bacon, bacon, munster cheese, kraft cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, mustard, great beef (medium rare), bacon, ketchup, and a dask of BBQ sauce

2. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Nothing orginal here, but I love onion (a lot of onion), bacon, mustard and ketchup and of course a double cheese and beef.

3. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

Hmmmmmmmmm........ Sounds yummy. All it needs is a little bacon and it'd be perfect! ;z

I start with a few pounds of fresh ground round. Other cuts are too lean and FAT TASTES GOOD! Gently mix in one egg yolk and about 1/4 Cup of Italian bread crumbs per pound of beef. Form into 8 to 12 oz patties. The smaller burgers are for the women-folk, children and girlie-men. I form them very gently (packing as little as possible) into about a 1 1/2"-thick patty, thinner in the middle than at the edge so it will be uniform when it cooks and draws up. Each side gets MSG, minced roasted garlic and lemon pepper, in that order. Then it goes on a charcoal grill (GAZ IST VERBOTEN!!), covered, for three minutes on each side (go rare or go away! ;) ). I also use mesquite if I had forethought to get any. Cheese (cheddar, bleu, Colby, Jack, Velveeta, whatever) goes on top for the last minute. The lid must remain on the grill as much as possible, especially when using mesquite. The burger comes off the fire and immediately goes onto the toasted heel of the bun (usually good Kaiser rolls) so the bread absorbs the draining blood. :drool:

My favorite beverage with my ‘fatburgers’, believe it or not, is a tall, cold glass of ...milk. ;T

Eat while wearing earplugs so as not to be disturbed by the sound of your arteries hardening.

4. nickg

nickg

mix in hot wing sauce with the meat, take 2 thin patties with crumbled blue cheese on one then use the other to "seal" in the cheese. top with bacon and either mayo or mustard. and always grill the buns too. a nice kaiser roll. i usually eat mine "naked".

no...I'M NOT NAKED....i mean no lettuce, tomatoes, onions, or pickles, etc.

besides...if i was naked and some of that hot oozing cheese started drippin' on your lap "area"....not good!!! ^4 ^4

5. knuckle dragger

knuckle dragger NSAWC

Onion,Tomato ,Lettuce, Bacon,(all below the burger)then sliced jalapeno`s on top of burger covered with melted pepper jack cheese..^c

6. lwt210

lwt210

Ours start out with ground round mixed with mild sausage. Then they get a bath of worchestechire sauce, black pepper, salt, a dash of onion powder, and then the patties are formed.

Once the patties are of the proper size (big as heck), then they get a sprinkle of KC Masterpiece BBQ rub (a light dusting) before being thrown on Kingsford started with a chimney starter (no fluid). A little soaked mesquite chips for flavoring and like someone said above, the lid has to stay on as much as possible. We like mesquite much better than hickory after trying it.

We like ours around medium to medium well and then the cheese gets thrown on top (American usually but sometimes swiss). Buns are toasted on the same fire and then it is to the table where the following are added to mine....

bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, dill pickles, mustard and a little more black pepper. Usually they are scarfed down pretty quick at my table and there are never leftovers the next day. What we don't take care of at dinner usually get consumed for snacks.

Matter of fact.....I think I'll check the rain forcast and fire up some of these when I get finished on this computer. Got me wanting them bad now.

7. Bill D

Bill D Millennium Member

The Varsity in Atlanta is the only place I've been where they use pimento cheese . Cook your burger, place a glob of cheese on it, place in a bun, and use a heated press(like a George Foreman) to melt the cheese, or just press with a spatula in a hot pan. Different, greasy, and good!

8. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I'd have to have the woman reply. I've had hamburgers everywhere, its pretty much how I judge a new restaurant. But my girlfriend makes the BEST hamburgers ever. The funny thing is, until this year she was a vegetarian for the last five years. Long story...

JMO, Max ;c ;c ;c

9. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Medium rare, mayo, real tomato, bacon, pepper jack cheese, fried onion, sauteed mushroom, lettuce, salt & pepper. Extra pickles on the side :)

10. okie

okie GT Mayor

Onion, cheese, more cheese, still more cheese, pickles, and mayo:cool:

11. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

At home I like to do cheeseburgers in the form of the Pattymelt...

Juicy patty (cooked), Swiss cheese, sweet sautéed onions, Rye bread, grilled like a grilled cheese sandwich,
    with... a lil' Heinz 57 sauce...

This is just toooo good...

;c

12. Alex_Knight

Alex_Knight

Chipolte Sauce.

'nuf said. :)

13. SoDFW Jason

SoDFW Jason Slow Hillbilly

I start with a 3/4 pound patty of ground sirloin(ask at the butcher counter)with some Dale's Steak Seasoning mixed up in it(The 'Bama folks should know Dale's).

Grill medium rare with a good dusting of Cachere's Cajun seasoning.

Add a slice of swiss and a slice of Colby-Jack, bacon, KC Honey Smokehouse sauce, and some sauteed onions on two slices of grilled,buttered sourdough.

14. maxxx93

maxxx93

Medium rare with mustard be nice
    Heaven on Earth with an onion slice

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
    Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes

Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
    Well good God almighty which way do I steer
    for my Cheeseburger in Paradise

15. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Big buns, big hamburger patty

Grill the buns and layer as follows:

Bottom bun, thin avacado slices, meat with a slice of deli cheddar sharp, slice of big tomato, red onion slices to taste, lettuce shreds, mayo on top bun. Put enough mayo to keep the lettuce shreds from falling off the burger.

16. Neal

Neal Millennium Member

Local restaurant has one called the "Mexicalli". It is a 1/3 pound broiled steakburger, (I think it's sirloin) with cheese, onion, tomato and japaleno slices on a sesamie(sp?)seed bun. This is an excellent sandwich! If I had to pick a favorite cheeseburger, this would be it.

17. .22 boy

.22 boy WHOO!! WHOO!!

Lots of pickle onion and bacon three slices
    of cheese lots of mayo and a lil bit of
    thousand island dressing.

.22 boy

18. ProfMoriarty

ProfMoriarty

After I pay for it, it's mine.