close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What lube to use for Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SkipD, Aug 15, 2006.

1. SkipD

SkipD

When I got my Glock 19, and later a 26, I found out what the copper-colored lubricant was and obtained some - assuming that it was the ideal lube to use since Glock used it on the new pistols. However, I see recommendations for all sorts of oils and such in the forums here. I'm curious - what is Glock's recommendation for a lubricant? Are there different recommendations for different conditions (temperature, dusty, wet, etc.)?

Thanks in advance

Skip Douglas

2. gary newport

gary newport

The copper "lube" is anti-seize compound, used because it doesn't dry out if a gun sits on the shelf for a long time. It is NOT the "ideal lube" for a working Glock. Use any good synthetic oil. I use Tetra.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Personally, I use Mobil 1 Synthetic, 5w-15 weight, for all my non-grease gun lubing.

ATX tranny fluid is an outstanding rust preventative, too--so for around $10 you can lay in a lifetime supply of oil and preservative for use on any firearm.

For grease, though, I use Tetra every time. And on a Glock, the only place I find a use for it is on the connector/trigger bar interface.

Best regards,

Eric

4. CATATOMIC

CATATOMIC

I like to use Slide Glide.

5. mouser

mouser CLM

+1 on Slide Glide. I had been using Mobil 1 on my 19, but got the Slide Glide for my Sig 220. Now, I use the Slide Glide on the 19 for everything but the connector (back to Mobil 1), and for the slide and barrel on the Sig.

6. Rhandhali

Rhandhali

Does anyone have any comments on miltech grease? The guy at my local store sold me some for my new Garand. I've never used grease on any of my guns before, the stuff comes in a white plunger/syringe container and is a deep red in color.

7. CATATOMIC

CATATOMIC

The slide glide is the best thing I've ever used on the rails. It works great and doesn't dry out like Rem Oil.

8. jake9

jake9

I use Tetra lube for slide and connector.

9. jobe1911

jobe1911

Rhandhali,

i use miltech lube. it's the same stuff we used in the sand box. miltech has been battle tested and proved at least by me and my company.

10. 10mm4ever

10mm4ever 10mm Pusher

I've done alot of experimenting and Slick 50's "One grease" is the best I've used. Just a small dab on the connector/trigger bar interface, slide rails, locking block and barrel camming surface, and a tiny dab around the end of the barrel. It stays put and is glass smooth.

11. chesster

chesster

I use Break Free on everything.

12. Rhandhali

Rhandhali

Sounds good. I'll be using it at least until the tube I have runs out; that'll be a good long while.

13. Blankwaffe

Blankwaffe

All my pistols get Mil-comm TW-25B inside and out as the primary lubricant and protectant.
    For a general purpose CLP I use MPC's Firepower FP-10.
    Those are the best gun lubes Ive used to date.
    For a bore solvent I use Hoppe's #9.

14. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

The Copper anti-seeze is on the pistol for break-in purposes only and can be removed after about 100 rounds. If you put oil, etc. over it the stuff will spread out and get on hands and clothing. Almost impossible to washout of cloth.

Gun Butter is all personally use on Glocks anymore. Stuff does as mfg. says: it stays where you put it doesn't migrate and perhaps best of all does not seem to pick up firing residue, etc. That said, can lube a Glock with most anything.

15. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 13 Air Medals.

Most Glock Factory Armorers use TW25B on all points for lube. You can use either a grease or a oil. The rule of thumb is if you are in a cold climiate you want to use a oil, grease may freeze. I have had good luck with TW25B, Tetra Gun Grease, Miltec oils and grease. For carry the best stuff is Gun Butter. For dusty conditions, either Gun Butter or powder graphite. Graphite is what they use over in the sand box. But it is not all that great for carry, it goes every where. For a Glock the least amount of lube is better. For carry you can even carry the gun dry except for the Connector.

16. Glockguy

Glockguy

17. GySgt D

GySgt D

Tetra grease on the rails and Tetra oil on everything else.

A little bit goes a long way. Wal-Mart had the stuff on close-out special a year ago; bought myself a lifetime supply for cheap.

18. eeochs

eeochs

another +1 for the Militec here, use it on all my Glocks, its proven itself to those of us whose lives depend on weapons functioning at all times and it makes post-range clean-up a breeze.

19. Infallible

Infallible

I used BreakFree in the military, then I switched to Miltec1 but then they came out with the BS politics trying to sell their product, I made my final switch to FP-10 and haven't looked back.

20. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker

Breakfree CLP. I have yet to find a reason to use something else.