close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is your ideal GSSF stockmeister/unlimited gun?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GlockCollector, Apr 6, 2003.

1. GlockCollector

GlockCollector

I am in the process of modifying my G34 for GSSF stockmeister/unlimited class shooting. I was wondering what everyone's ideal gun would be? Don't hold back.....money is no object when you're fantasizing. ;)

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

First I should point out that the G34 is not legal in the Stockmeister Class shooting. It is legal for Competition and U/L Masters only.

My first choice for the Stoclmeister class is a Stock G17 with the only modification being the installation of a set of Bomar Sights that fit in the dovetail. Second choice for this class would be a Stock G22 with the Bomar Sights. Remember that the Stockmeister Class is for the same stock Glocks that are authorized to be used in Amateur Civilian Class, no long slides and no compensated models.

For U/L Master Class my first choice would be a G17L, Tungsten Guiderod with #13 or #15 ISMI recoil spring, Brass Magwell, Carver Mount with a Tasco PDP5CMP Red Dot. My second choice would be a G34 with the same modifications.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

If money is no object, you might want to consider a custom fitted BarSto barrel along with what Don At PC has stated!;f
    Dan:cool:

4. MFinch

MFinch Guest

My two Stockmeister guns:

G17 and G22 with Heinie sights, all the internals polished and handloads for each.

My Unlimited guns:

G34 and G24 with a Carver mount and either a Holosight or Aimpoint Comp, brass mag well and brass base plates, Harrt's mercury guiderod w/ 13# spring, 3.5# connector and everything polished.

Which ones do I like best? The ones that are behaving.

5. GlockCollector

GlockCollector

Whoops. I must have been asleep when I typed that. I meant competition/unlimited guns really. I already have a G17 that will do for stockmeister...now I all I have to do is improve my shooting enough to compete in it. ;f

Keep the descriptions of your dream gun coming. My G34 currently has a carver mount, c-more sight, 3.5# connector, and polished internals. I'm open to suggestions on what else to add. (Someday my shooting ability may even catch up with my gun's potential). ;c ;c

6. Don At PC

David;

Sounds like you are well on your way to having a great setup. Hope to see you at Dallas and San Antonio.

7. GlockCollector

GlockCollector

Don,

Thanks. I am planning on making the trip to Dallas in May for my first GSSF shoot. I'll shoot Am Civilian and subcompact for sure. Should be a fun experience. Looking forward to finally meeting all you guys.

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

David,

Compeition Category is for "STOCK" longslides (G17L, G24, G34, G35)and factory ported Glocks. The hot tip is Heinie or Bo-Mar sights on stock pistols.

9. GlockCollector

GlockCollector

Where did you get your brass magwell and brass base plates? Any particular manufacturer you think is best?

10. Don At PC

I got my Brass Magwell and Tugsten Guiderod and 13# ISMI recoil spring from Matt at Custom Glock as a kit. Brownells, Glockmeister and several other places have the Brass Magwell and springs or you can also order the springs from ISMI direct. I don't use the weighted base plates just the magwell. If you get the Brass Magwell be advised that if you use NFML mags you may have to fit the mouth of the magwell some in order to allow the mags to lock in. No problems with all FML mags.

11. GlockCollector

GlockCollector

Don,

Thanks for the info. I'll put those items on my wish list! ;)

12. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Ideal Stock gun. G17C with standard barrel and CGR GSSF package (big surprise!)

Ideal Unlimited gun. I have no decided yet, I will be playing with a few new porting and comp designs this season.

13. MFinch

MFinch Guest

The brass magwell came from Matt w/ CGR. The base pads are from Taylor Freelance. I understand from Fireglock that the red Carver mounts are the fastest.

14. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

That's true Mike, the red Carver Mount is the fastest. That is if you take care of your end! ;f I like them on a 17L with a PDP5. There's another scope that might take the place of the PDP5, GJM89 is looking into it. A little pricey but multi sized dot.

15. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I'm planning on building an unlimited gun sometime in the distant future and I'm interested in the C-more sight. Anybody got any trigger time with one of these, if so what was your general impression? I also want to know how difficult it is to change between different dot sizes and what is the prefered dot size.

16. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Cmore makes a good quality optic, the best HUD style on the market. I prefer Aimpoint because of the lower mounting, but you lose a little field of view. I prefer dots at 7-10 MOA

17. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

18. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I don't know, Blue always seemed to be pretty quick.;)

19. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

It's not the hammer, it's the carpenter!

20. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

But think how fast you would have been with red! ;f