close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is your favorite hot wing sauce?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by WERA49, Oct 22, 2004.

1. WERA49

WERA49

My wife and I both like hot wings. Yesterday she said "I can make these". She'll get no arguments from me. ;)

So, what is your favorite hot wing sauce (for home use)?

2. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Hooters hot

Buffalo Wild wing's WILD

3. nickg

nickg

4. AJE

AJE Sometimes grumpy, not old

Hooters = hot

Most other places = mild or just the BBQ

For some reason any place other than Hooters their wings are either really tame or nuclear flavored. Hooters has it just right, and their Iced Tea is the best. They also have the best breasts and thighs...... the chicken ain't bad either.

5. Ludacris

Ludacris Hog

Frank's hot sauce

6. usndoc

usndoc

My gf and I are a big fan of wings.

For me it is:

Hooters - 911
    Sharkeys in Blacksburg VA - 911 I should add that this was the first time that a wing sauce actually made me sweat.
    or Homemade by me

If you are looking for something with a good heat and a good taste try Emerils Wing Sauce. I was impressed.

Or try a mixture of Tapatio Salsa Picante and Texas Pete or Crystal or Franks and of course butter. The Tapatio gives the mix a deeper flavor over the vinegar of the others.

7. lonewolf01

lonewolf01

Another vote for Frank's Hot Sauce.

8. pluvo

pluvo Experiment G26

Franks w/ Lime is even better.

9. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

if i make them myself...

Franks Red Hot with some butter melted in.

if i go out to eat...

whatever the step below wild is as BW3's...their wild is okay, but kinda crap flavor.

anywhere else i go i tell them to make it burn me...they haven't succeeded yet.

back when i worked at Friday's, i had this guy make me some hot wings, HOT style. he took the sauce we used at the time (red hot & butter), tabasco, finely diced jalapenos, curry powder (or something thereabouts), and a couple more ingredients i can't remember... i was sweating my *** off after the first couple, but i finished them off and told him he was a PIMP!

we had a guy come shortly before i quit and wanted extra hot wings...the dumb manager chica i had thought she could do it... she had me try the sauce with a couple french fries, and looked at me waiting for me to tear up or something so she could laugh. when i picked up more fries and soaked them with this 'hot' sauce, she looked almost crestfallen ;)

if you can't tell, i LOVE hot food!

10. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

11. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Franks one bottle and one stick of melted butter.

12. bachchoy

bachchoy Bond

2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, split and tips discarded
    1/2 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce (or more to taste)
    1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
    Blue cheese salad dressing (optional)
    Celery sticks (optional)

1. Deep fry* wings at 400°F (HIGH) for 12 minutes or until cooked and crispy; drain.

2. In large bowl, combine Frank's RedHot Sauce and butter. Toss wings in sauce to coat completely. If desired, serve with blue cheese salad dressing and celery sticks.

Makes 24 to 30 individual pieces

Wing Sauce Variation: Toss cooked wings in 3/4 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce.

*Alternate Cooking Directions:
    Bake 1 hour at 425°F until fully cooked and crispy, turning halfway.
    Broil 6-inches from heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.
    Grill over medium heat 30 to 40 minutes, turning often.

A WING SAUCE SAMPLER

Shanghai Red Wings: Combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons Frank`s RedHot Sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons peanut oil, 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger and 1 teaspoon minced garlic in small bowl; mix well. Pour over wings; toss well to coat evenly.

Cajun Wings: Combine 1/3 cup Frank`s RedHot Sauce, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning blend in small bowl; mix well. Pour over wings; toss well to coat evenly.

Santa Fe Wings: Combine 1/4 cup Frank`s RedHot Sauce, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine, 1/4 cup chili sauce and 1 teaspoon chili powder in small bowl; mix well.Pour over wings; toss well to coat evenly.

Sweet `n Spicy Wings: In small microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/3 cup Frank`s RedHot Sauce, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter, 2 tablespoons each frozen thawed orange juice concentrate and honey, and 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and allspice. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until smooth. Pour over wings; toss well to coat evenly. TIP:This is a good sauce for dipping chicken nuggets or shrimp.

Kentucky Style Wings: Combine 1/4 cup Frank`s RedHot Sauce, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine, 2 tablespoons pancake syrup and 2 tablespoons bourbon in large bowl. Mix well. Pour sauce over wings. Toss well to coat.

13. Screech

Screech

Another vote for Franks and melted butter:)
    Sams Club has it in gallon jugs:) :) Edit to add: The recipe is on the bottle!

14. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

Frank's Hot Sauce, a lot of honey, garlic (chopped, from a jar), a lot of Cajun seasoning, a a lot of Parmesian cheese, maybe a few drops of liquid smoke.

15. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

I always love a classic: Franks and butter. :)

I also add just a tiny little bit of vinegar.

If I want the heat level higher, I add a little bit of MP West Indian Hot Flambeau Sauce (Scotch Bonnet/Habanero).