GlockTalk Forum banner

What is your education level?

21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
BS in Business-Accounting and a BA in Economics.

·
NRA Life Member
28,421 Posts
BS and MS in Chemical Engineering
MS in Control Systems Engineering
MBA
Air Command and Staff College

·
Registered
18,095 Posts
So far I am the only idiot in the bunch. Graduated high school and started working for a living. I tell people I am a graduate Cum Laude in the University of Hard Knocks' & Bruised Muscles and Bloody Knuckles.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,375 Posts
You win internet comedy award for the day.
You don't understand. After the first semester of law school we are certifiably insane. What they do to our thought processes is a crime, but since they are certifiable, too, they can't be convicted of doing it.

Oh...BA in Journalism with a minor in English, JD.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,375 Posts
So far I am the only idiot in the bunch. Graduated high school and started working for a living. I tell people I am a graduate Cum Laude in the University of Hard Knocks' & Bruised Muscles and Bloody Knuckles.
https://www.academicapparel.com/caps/cum-laude.html
Nothing wrong with that. I cruised through a 25-year career in radio and tv on a high school diploma before I went back to school. Of course, I was taught by the Christian Brothers. You don't graduate from their schools....You survive them.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
You don't understand. After the first semester of law school we are certifiably insane. What they do to our thought processes is a crime, but since they are certifiable, too, they can't be convicted of doing it.

Oh...BA in Journalism with a minor in English, JD.
My wife would agree with that. She is often deeply concerned by the way I view and analyze things. And she's a psych nurse, so she should know.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,103 Posts

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
There is formal education. And then there is practical education, such as that of Borg Warner. Some of us are fortunate to have both. What we are all capable of doing is thinking and continuing with a life long program of self-education and enrichment.

When I have trades people come to the house, I speak with them about their training, the classes that they periodically take. When I go donate blood, I ask the same questions of the technicians who draw the blood. They aren't stupid. They are motivated and continue to learn. It is demeaning and inaccurate to say that they are uneducated.

Ok. I voted for Mr. Trump. Let me describe the last 24 hours. Last night, I researched how to fix a pressure cooker and fixed it. I also started reading Selected Stories of Lu Hsun, the developer of the short story in China in the 20th Century.

Today, I have a medical class from UCLA on Zoom. I have an advanced French on Zoom. And, I am well past retirement age.

My attitude. You keep on learning. You don't rest on the laurels. Like Bill Jordan once wrote, "there is no second place winner".

·
Registered
48 Posts
MBA

I wanted to add. Finished my under grad and graduate in my early 40’s. Unfortunately we live in an era where many jobs require that piece of paper. But none of it will educate you like the school of hard knocks.

Fortunately I had the opportunity after serving to have my college supplemented by the VA which I am grateful for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Flux Capacitor Technician
3,594 Posts
I voted high school graduate and not college because there was no option for trade school.

I hired on at an Asbestos abatement company at 19 and they paid for all my training. Worked there for 20 years and during that time I was also certified for lead abatement, mold remediation and licensed as a building inspector. All free of charge. I now have a desk job and make darn good money for doing very little. Best part is zero student loan debt.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
BS, Accounting with Honors

MS, Accounting with 4.0 gpa

Certificate from a top 5 school of management for specialized Executive Education.

It doesn't stop there: More than 40 hours per year of Continuing Professional Education.

Two apex-level professional licenses/accreditations.

Membership in state, national, and international professional societies.

I can tell you that the worst stuff I learned was in the universities.

I chuckle to hear leftists characterize Trump supporters as uneducated.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,351 Posts
Didn't the democrats call Trump supporters deplorables?

21 - 40 of 153 Posts