GlockTalk Forum banner

What is your education level?

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading about Trump's "base" being primarily poorly educated white men. I'm curious if that is more MSM BS or if there is an actual correlation between education level and political leanings.

Feel free to leave comments/qualifiers/rebuttals below.

·
Have you seen me?
12,678 Posts
B.S. - Fisheries and Wildlife Science

Graduate Certificate - Wildlife Management

Professional Science Master's - Fisheries and Wildlife Administration (upon successful completion and defense of my research, should be March 2021. Planning on submitting said research for publication)

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,353 Posts
BBA - Bachelors of Business Administration

Reactions: Bohucka

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I graduated High School , too few Jr. College Classes, went to Vocational School for Inhalation Therapy, last too a NY Institue of Photography correspondence course.

Think I learned more from life experience, doing & working than formal education.

Life experience if your eyes are open is a great teacher.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,114 Posts
I have enough credits for a BA but I could never pass the math requirements to get the degree. I attended Cal State Northridge, UCLA, and several community colleges. I was an art major and wanted to teach art or possibly art history but could never get the certification necessary so I ended up doing construction work most of my life but went back to doing art when I retired and managed an Art Gallery for while.

Time spent in the military during the Viet Nam war probably influenced my political affiliation more than my education or lack of it. Being in Uniform and having anti-war Leftist Democrats call me names and give me dirty looks turned me permanently against their way of thinking and seeing the mindless inefficiency of big government at work first hand convinced me that the government that governs the least governs the best.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Two college degrees. Psychology and History. Focused on the United States and Russian/Soviet Union. Last Democrat Presidential candidate I voted for was Carter. But who knew? I don’t see that changing anytime within my lifetime.

Many of the people I know who will vote for Mr. Trump are college attendees or graduates. Three with Masters Degrees. Two of them are ex-teachers. But a couple of the smartest Trump voters I know never went to college. They’re not schoolwork type of folk’s.

That Leftist stereotype of dunderheaded Conservatives is as flimsy as the rest of their backward beliefs. Rush; Dennis Prager; Mark Levin; Joe Pags; Laura Ingraham; Sean Hannity, et all, comprise a powerful intellectual group.

But unfortunately, those anti-American Leftist beliefs are sprinkled like Acid Rain over our nation. And are very effective in poisoning the minds of gullible Liberals.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
BA in Poli Sci. Which is an oxymoron. Then left the Human Race for a law degree. But I'm doing OK.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Associates in Business Management.

And a lifetime of amateur observational psychology.

I was not political until my first son was born, and it kind of hit me that my votes would shape the country for his future as much, if not more than mine.

The first election I voted in was Dole vs Clinton, and I caught on that the media would always portray Clinton as this hep, happy guy who was always smiling, laughing, and doing something cool. Dole on the other hand, every shot they showed of him he was looking all dour and mean, and they ALWAYS had to get a shot of his gimpy hand in every time they talked about him.

Media manipulation is nothing new, they're just a lot more blatant now than 30 years ago.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts