Glock Talk banner
181 - 200 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wondering how you get your, whatever, out of a bedside safe in time? My EDC is a g26 it's parked in a holster that hangs from my mattress. I rely on Cosmo, my 15 lb yapper for early warning but I would hate to have to sleepily fumble with a safe of any kind. I have a pistole toten wife and no children at home. Just saying??? I do have a large gun safe with alternatives within. Including a Binelli M4 (probably a better choice} but it makes a terrible bump in my bed. LOL.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Just wondering how you get your, whatever, out of a bedside safe in time? ...
I'm sure many people have different answers.

My safe has a simplex lock and requires 4 steps. Push a combination of buttons, turn the knob, lift the lid, draw the gun.

I use the safe because I've had children of various ages in the house for years. But at night, I can pre-push as many buttons as desired so the lock only requires one button or only the turning of the knob. That saves a little time. It's a matter of balancing child-safety and quick access.

One could argue that having to take an action or two ensures time to be wide awake before handling a loaded gun. Of course, if that slight delay is beneficial or a handicap in a true moment of need will vary by circumstance and probably can't be known in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I'm sure many people have different answers.

My safe has a simplex lock and requires 4 steps. Push a combination of buttons, turn the knob, lift the lid, draw the gun.

I use the safe because I've had children of various ages in the house for years. But at night, I can pre-push as many buttons as desired so the lock only requires one button or only the turning of the knob. That saves a little time. It's a matter of balancing child-safety and quick access.

One could argue that having to take an action or two ensures time to be wide awake before handling a loaded gun. Of course, if that slight delay is beneficial or a handicap in a true moment of need will vary by circumstance and probably can't be known in advance.
Simplex lock is the best lock for reliable, quick, one-handed access even in the dark 👍

No kiddos here in town so firearms are only locked up when we leave or have guests

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Usually whatever I carried that day is my bedside. I also have a G19 on the other side of my bedroom or if I'm on that side. My kitchen and living room also have one. I never know when I'm going to need one in the middle of the night when I'm not dressed to carry.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
View attachment 1108494 Always considering how I can make things more effective I wanted to see what ya’ll use for bedside/home protection? This is my go to right now. I like the larger slower moving round for home defense, you?
Gen 3 G21 w/ a light- its what's on my nightstand as well. 'Cause ".45 is greater than 9mm"...Rob Leatham said so.

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
Wood Handgun holster Air gun Everyday carry Gun accessory

Same optic/sight picture as my carry, 9mm works better for my wife if she needs it.

Usually has a Olight on it in the bedside safe.

Reactions: +Pete
181 - 200 of 251 Posts