Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computer keyboard Input device Air gun Office supplies Trigger
Always considering how I can make things more effective I wanted to see what ya’ll use for bedside/home protection? This is my go to right now. I like the larger slower moving round for home defense, you?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
I'm not retired
8,485 Posts
I agree with @Supersquatch - my bedside handgun is my Glock carry (G19 gen 2). I rather have a handgun that I am very familiar with in case it's needed in the "middle" of the night when I am somewhat sleepy.

View attachment 1108531
Your Glock isn't a Glock, anymore. It's a Glock slide on a Glock labeled frame. Forgive, but not trying to be critical. I simply believe if you change the way the grip makes you point your gun, you should remove the Glock logo, as well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Your Glock isn't a Glock, anymore. It's a Glock slide on a Glock labeled frame. Forgive, but not trying to be critical. I simply believe if you chance the way the grip makes you point your gun, you should remove the Glock logo, as well.
I'm sorry - I don't quite understand.

The frame had a grip reduction etc. by Cold Bore Customs when my wife wanted the handgun. She latter gave it back to me when she found a handgun she liked better.
I learned the point of impact a long time ago.

Many individuals have grip modification done.

Why isn't it a Glock anymore?

·
I'm not retired
8,485 Posts
I'm sorry - I don't quite understand.

Why isn't it a Glock anymore?
First off, not saying it's wrong. I was going to do the same thing when I joined GT, but some folks talked me into training into the 'hump'. Because I did, I had to put arched mainspring housings on my two remaining 1911's as well as my son putting one on his. At any rate, you've modified the way the gun will point so it is no longer a true Glock frame. Modified...yes. On that note, I don't think removing the finger humps is a modification. It's more of an alteration that doesn't change the 'instinct' point of the gun when you sweep. I don't know...I prolly should stay off the web before I have my coffee. :)

·
Enigma
3,371 Posts
Same pistol I've been carrying, Glock 34 or 35; when I get out of bed and put my cargo shorts on it goes back on the belt. Yes, I carry at home in a "good area" which is unnecessary but I'll keep doing it anyway.;)
The PM9 is 2nd option (AKA-"back-up") in weak hand front pocket of those shorts.
Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Personal protective equipment Trigger

ETA: Rationalizations I predict are not posted in this thread:
"better than nothing"
"wouldn't want to get shot with it"
"meets my needs"
Now somebody will post that crap to spite me. :LOL:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nightstand: G22 165gr HST (18+1 with Tyrant Designs extension) G45 124gr HST (21+1 with Tyrant Designs extension) and soon to change to G21 with HST or Critical Duty (16+1 with extension). The G21 is a G4 that is at Jegerwerks geting a RMR2 cut.

Bedside: Rem 870 with Surefire light forend; 6 in the tube or a 6.8 AR.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts