What is wrong with some people?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by havensal, Oct 18, 2005.

1. havensal

havensal Getting older every day! CLM

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15401689&BRD=2725&PAG=461&dept_id=562746&rfi=6

Bowhunter kills donkey in Amity
    By RICK MILLER, The Times Herald
    10/17/2005

AMITY — A Niagara Falls hunter was arrested Saturday after mistaking a donkey for a deer in the town of Amity in Allegany County. Saturday was the first day of archery season in New York.
    Conservation Police Lt. Ken Didion, of the state Department of Environmental Conservation’s Division of Law Enforcement, said Michael A. Crampton, 38, of 1158 Pasadena Ave., Niagara Falls, was charged with hunting over bait, a violation, and unjustifiable killing of an animal under the state Agriculture and Markets Law, a misdemeanor. Lt. Didion said Crampton was hunting next to a salt lick, which is illegal in lands inhabited by deer. The owner of the camp where Crampton was staying, Michael J. Hansen, 40, of 6986 Jennifer Ave., Niagara Falls, was charged with the illegal placing of a salt lick. The donkey, owned by James Whitney of 4521 Back River Road, Amity, wandered onto the adjacent property and was killed at the salt lick. Mr. Whitney and Mr. Hansen, the camp owner, notified Amity-based state police of the incident. Lt. Didion said Crampton told investigators he couldn’t see the head of the donkey before he shot it. The donkey weighed about 400 pounds and was light gray in color, he said.

How do you mistake a donkey for a deer? With a BOW!!!!! :soap: ;z ;g

2. noway

noway

I don't think for one second he mistaken it and shot it on purpose :(

Either way a sad sad incident.

3. peter3334

peter3334

The average IQ is 100.
    Many are below the average.

4. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

If you are a city person and don't know much about deer and don't care if you illegally hunt over a salt lick...

Animal walks in front of you, and you just see the body, and you want it to be a deer, then it will look like a deer.

Sometimes even people get shot that way. "Um, gee, I thought he was a deer. I heard a rustling in the bushes, saw something move, and shot it."

Note: not all city people are bad, but I do note he is from a city area.

5. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Some folks are just plain irresponsible and stupid. When I was a kid we found one of our horses (an Arabian) shot dead. Ray Charles could have probably told the difference between a deer and that horse.