What is this work out called?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by frank4570, Apr 19, 2012.

1. frank4570

frank4570

I'm not healthy enough to do a full time work out. But I do what I can. Right now I'm doing something I came up with myself. I'm sure it's nothing new, I just don't know what it's called.
    Kind of freaked out my doctor. I now have a resting heart rate in the 40s.
    I do inclined bench about 80% of max to failure, then squats about 80% of max to failure, etc etc, pullups, leg lifts, boxing combination, weighted arm circles. It constantly taxes my cardio while moving to a fresh set of muscles. By the second go round I start to feel like I'm going to puke, I back off enough to not puke, I hate puking. I go 3 or 4 cycles depending how I feel.
    I'm a little wonky by the last set.

I'm sure I'm reinventing the wheel. What is it called?

2. Willard

Willard Who, me?

Circuit training

3. Happypuppy

Happypuppy

Sounds very similar to the old Arthur Jones Nautilus method. It was used with good results by the Mentzer Brothers, Casey Viator and endorsed by Ellington Darden. It has various names but the basics are few sets , reps to positive and negative failure no more than 12 sets total. Added are minimal rest between sets and exercises. It is very intense , but it works. I did it when I was young but it is not much fun to puke after which happens a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

It's called working. Throw in protein and sleep and you will be a certified stud.

Remember to always leave one rep and one set behind. Leave the gym wishing you would have done one more of each and you will show up for the next workout seething to go.

5. frank4570

frank4570

The amount of sleep I need has gone up.

6. JBaird22

JBaird22

A-Teamer speaks truth. Word.