What is this on my FOOT?!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock&KimberLady, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

So you all know I'm a snowboarder, and I snowboard a lot. Every weekend. In scary stuff.

In the last couple of weeks, the ball of my right foot has been really hurting. Like "ow crap I can't walk" hurting after boarding. It's right over the bone on the ball part, toward the instep.

Well, now there's a bump there that you can MOVE AROUND! (insert squicked-out screaming sound here) It hurts when you press on it, it's kinda squishy, and it's movable. It's, say, pea-sized.

I've been padding my foot with moleskin for the last weekend or two and it seems to help some, but now I'm just walking regularly and tagging this bump / cyst / alien thing in my foot.

Anyone have any idea what this thing is and how I can get rid of it, barring quitting snowboarding (only 5 weekends left) or killing it, with fire?

2. SnowOxx

SnowOxx

I snowboard and Ive never heard of that before. My guess is a bug bite that got infected or a cyst. Id go to a doctor either way to be safe.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010

3. kirbydr1

kirbydr1

Sounds like a plantar wart to me. I had one ears ago and it hurt like heck. Check it out on WebMD and see if it fits what you have.

4. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Plantar sure does horrible things to feet. I'm beginning to dislike the guy.

5. Glock&KimberLady

Gah, not a bug bite, had it too long. I should note it's on my back foot (hence, the "steering" foot) and it gets a lot of pressure from the way I turn.

kirby: I've read up on plantar warts and this doesn't fit the symptoms of it, there is nothing to see there either (and I've looked like crazy).

I'm skurred to go to the doc, afraid he'll tell me I'll have to quit snowboarding and then I'll go over the table at him. :supergrin:

6. wolfman97

wolfman97

I knew a guy who had that. He was dead in two weeks. Good luck.

7. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

I must say, this is the first time I ever heard a girl refer to one of her feet as her 'back' foot.:rofl:

FWIW, it does sound like a Plantar wart, or something like it. The presentation may be atypical, so don't just go by what you read online. I can't imagine though that it isn't something they couldn't remove. Snowboarding season is wrapping up anyway. Good luck with it. Eric

8. DougC

DougC

Yep, definitely sounds like a planter wart. Those buggers hurt like hell! I've had two of them and they are no fun at all!

9. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Big 'ol nasty blister?

10. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Man- The GTers are getting slow on this...

:needspics:

11. Jim in MI

Jim in MI

It could be a lot of things, like ganglion cyst (probably not though), lipoma, bursitis, fibroma (probably not as they don't move).

Is it under the 2nd metatarsal, behind the 2nd toe? In certain foot types 2nd metatarsal head gets the daylights beat out of it and the ligaments of the joint can take a pounding. If you have swelling of the joints/ligaments and you don't take a break you can end up with a plntar plate rupture, and you just bought yourself a surgery to fix it.

12. Palouse

Palouse The Resistance Lifetime Member

If it is a plantar wart, deal with it now. My wife had one that she ignored, and she's been dealing with it for close to a year, trying to get rid of it without surgery.

ETA: When the doctor saw her wart he said, "Wow, that's the biggest plantar wart I've ever seen. Wow."

13. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Bone chip or plantar wart are the two that come to mind immediately.

Pics.

14. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

Probably a fibroma. You've repeatedly torn the plantar fascia tendon in that area, and what you have is a large bit of scar tissue.

I had them all over the bottom of my feet (severe plantar fascitis) and I took prednesone and 2 weeks off my feet (plus custom orthotics) and most are gone or very reduced.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  15. Glock&KimberLady

If you look at the ball of your foot, the fattest part of the ball (under the big toe), that's the area. It's right at the base of that, where the bone sticks out the most, when you bend your toes up (right before you get to the arch, and I have unbelievably high arches).

clear as mud, I know.

Eric: technically, I don't have a "back" foot since I'm a switch rider (can ride either foot forward), but I spend a bit more time with my left foot in front, hence my right foot is my BACK foot. I could've said my fakey foot but then everyone but the boarders would've been confused. :rofl:

No pics, because there is nothing to see! Plus, I don't have the most stunningly attractive feet in the world anyway, and you couldn't pay me to post pics of my feet on GT for all you foot fetish pervs. :tongueout:

Guess I'll ride it out (pun intended) and then if it's still bugging me when I switch over to dirtbikes, I'll head to a podiatrist and see what he says. Was hoping in the vast microverse that is GT, that *someone* would've had this before.

16. Sandbag

Sandbag Chief-Rocker

17. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

He makes a great peanut, tho.

18. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Maybe its a horn?

[​IMG]

19. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

I have no idea what it is or the solution to fix... but since nobody has offered yet...

FOOTRUB??:mememe:

20. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Her husband will throw you out of a window.