close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is the worst situation you ever got yourself into?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SinCityGlocker, Jul 16, 2012.

1. SinCityGlocker

SinCityGlocker

Meaning that you absolutely could have avoided it or ended if at a safer point than what eventually happened. (This thread http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1432646 reminded me of my situation.)

When I was 17 (27 now) I was leaving a local mall and a guy came up to me with a sob story about not being able to get home. He was heading in the same direction as me, and I wanted to feel like a good guy, so I agreed to give him a ride. I got about 2/3 the way where he was going and he asked me to pull into a quik-e-mart. He ran in for a minute or two and returned with a brillo pad and a pen. I thought it was very strange, but didn't kick him out of the truck like I should have. We went a block or so and he grabbed my cell phone out of the cup holder and thanked me for letting him make a call. I didn't want to let him but he already had the phone. I figured I'd let him finish up, drop him off, and be on my way. Next thing I know this guy breaks out the brillo pad, the pen, some aluminum foil and a rock, and starts smoking crack right in my truck. Obviously as a 17 year old white boy with a 30 year old urban individual smoking crack in my truck with my phone, I am very scared. I pulled over immediately and told him that was as far as I could take him. He proceeded to tell me plethora of unfavorable things about myself. I ended up losing the cell phone (he refused to return it) and nothing else. I consider myself incredibly lucky that it only cost me a phone. That experience has left me with an extreme distrust of any urban individual. I cannot be the only one to have been naive enough to make such a mistake. Anybody else willing to share?

2. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

I was sailing my boat in the gulf and a large wave swept over the boat rolling me and the boat. I have this very conscious memory of being wrapped up in the different ropes and underwater looking up at the surface of the water thinking "****, this is how it is going to end". Then like magic, I was untagled, I got to the surface and began the swimming part of this bad day. After making it to short, then came the walking part of the day. It was a very long day.

For the how could this have been avoided part.....
    I was out doing things beyond my skill set and in all reality should have died.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

3. Fox184

Fox184

I've managed to get myself out of a lot of bad situations most of the time completely unscathed. I figure that's what matters.

4. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

When I was 16 a buddy of mine and I had a little party at his parents beach cabin one weekend after lying to them and claiming we were actually spending the night at my house. His parent's cabin was very near the beach and a group of 20-30 hard-core bikers were camped out in front of the dunes having their own party within earshot of ours.

Around midnight, they decided to crash our festivities and check out the scene, so here we were, a dozen or so 16-17 year old boys and girls, half drunk and running around in swimsuits when several dozen Bandidos and their 'chicks' suddenly come waltzing into the cabin saying "Let's party!".

It was a very scary hour or two, with us teens sitting terrified on some couches in the den while a bunch of hard-core "1 percenters" chilled out in the cabin snorting coke, helping themselves to the liquor cabinet and having very loud sex with their girlfriends in the bedrooms.

Fortunately for all of us, that's all they wanted to do and after drinking up all the booze they meandered out without raping/killing/kidnapping anybody. Some of them even thanked us and said "great party dudes!".

When they left, we hauled butt and didn't even bother cleaning up the mess they left. My buddy's parents to this day think that the cabin was simply broken into that night.

5. TactiCool

TactiCool

When I was 14, some new folks moved in to the one vacant house on the street that I live on. Well these folks were strait up inbred rednecks from hell. They were in their early to mid 20's and played loud, window rattling music 5 nights per week and had huge house parties a few times per month. And sometimes they'd even pay us a visit w/ a baby in a stroller and ask us for stuff to give to them. As if that made a difference. :upeyes:

Considering that it's kind of hard to sleep when my windows rattle, we would call the police at least once per week. They police would come out and they would turn it down, but when they left, it would start right back up! However, they would usually quit by midnight on weekdays. How nice of them.

You have to understand that these folks were the bane of the entire neighborbood and nothing anyone said or did would make them stop. So me, being the brilliant kid that I was, thought that I would show them just how displeased everyone was with them.

So they were outside playing their head-rattling bass and I was so annoyed that I just snapped. I started shouting profanities and made an obscene gesture. At that point, one guy starts shouting "get him" and a car pulls out with 2 more guys inside with one holding a bat. I started running back home at that point.

So then they stopped in my driveway and started shouting for me to come out. They said they were going to "teach me a lesson I would never forget." My dad came outside, and at that point and they drove off when they saw him. They called my mom on the phone later and said that they had better not catch me riding my bike on the road or they would "get me."

Nothing ever came of it, because one week later, Katrina hit, and they evacuated and I never saw them again.

6. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I overroad common sense to finish a job. I drove in conditions where I knew it was not safe. CAlled and said I could NOT safely drive. Was told "Be here or else" So I did. Actually made it. Knew I had trip next morning so on way home a hr trip took 2 months. (multiple blood transfusions, surgury) then 4 in wheel chair....
    Once I made it there I should have gotten a hotel....

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

One night in Brooklyn I ducked during a gunfight (I was caught in a crossfire). Dude behind/beside me lost face on that.

Other time in a south eastern state a dude mistook my nose for a suppressor and tried screwing a gun up it. Said dude was supposed to be transacting business with me. I pointed out to him if he did any brain redecorating on me our transaction would not be complete, and I had equally armed people back home who would most likely want to exchange BULLETS with him if I didn't come back with the money (legal transactions).

Other time (mid 80s) I was someplace warm and got caught up in a 4hr riot/gun battle in the middle of the night.The police had to be bailed out by soldiers from a garrison 1/2hr away, but that was at sunrise

In high school detained by the rat patrol in the middle of the road in the middle of the night. They wanted to stuff me in the trunk. Saving grace was one of them recognized me. I was congratulated for not ending up dead, two of the dudes were pissed because they were all set to shoot me plenty.

Shots fired in a club in Newark, NJ back in the good ol 90s. One dead, two seriously injured, could not get to leave for a couple of hours because of being in/near the epicenter.

Brooklyn NY again, stampede/riot at a concert in Coney Park - 1994? I am in the middle of it, stupid crowd :whistling: not accustomed to gun salutes start stampeding when a couple of the locals squeezed off a dozen or so rounds.

I think the worst ever was a drummer - Cliff, farting in a small charter twin prop, flying from Puerto Rico to Providenciales or St. Maarten. The pilot was forced to go under 7,000ft. Opening the windows did NOTHING. We (six of us?) all almost died on that Sunday afternoon.

8. Detectorist

Detectorist

Last jump in Airborne school. Main chute did a cigar on me. While peeing myself, deployed reserve. got tangled too. Hit hard. Last thing i was able to do was disengage from the main so the wind didn't drag me.

BlackHat comes up to me and says "Sir! That's the worst PLF I've ever seen. get up and give me 20!!!

I was too stunned to move. Steel pot dented. Suffered a concussion.

9. arclight610

arclight610

I once got it caught in the zipper... at church.

10. Halojumper

Halojumper

Franks and beans!

11. jp3975

jp3975

I once decided to nap in the truck instead of get a hotel.

Cops picked me up for having a gun. Even though it wasnt loaded and in plain view like the law said. They got me because the magazine was in my pocket.

Told me I should have had the ammo in the trunk. When I commented that I was in a single cab pickup, they said nothing.

Cost me 1k for the lawyer, a wasted plane ticket to Los Angeles[Couldnt afford the trip after the lawyer], and caused me to get turned down for several police jobs later.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. Caustic Mopar

Caustic Mopar

How did you manage to get the beans over the frank?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Long story short: stupidly tried to take a logging road across a mountain in the middle of Idaho while driving a Taurus SHO. (This was probably 1993 or 1994). Was in the middle of nowhere - had just slid down a huge hill, and was sitting in mud just in front of a huge deep mud bog - zero reception in my brick cell phone. I don't think any of the four 4x4 SUVs or two F150 4x4s I have had since would have made it back up that hill...

But there I was - I prayed and then drove up that hill in first gear - bouncing all over heck and back wheel spin like crazy, bottoming out, horrible noises, and so help me the hand of God intervened and pushed me up that hill.

The adventure I had the rest of the day was no picnic with a hole in my gas tank - and many miles to go... I was at one road construction stoppage... on a downhill slope, watching my gas flow past the cars in front of me, my minds-eye picturing a cigarette butt going out one of those windows and igniting the gas...

Yes I finally made it to my destination late in the day - a friends ranch in Wyoming.

No I don't think I will forget that day.

14. randrew379

randrew379

I lived with a Jersey girl for a year.

15. 427

Being young, naive and gullibly believing my recruiter, I signed some paperwork. I should've listened to my dad.

16. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Does falling out of the sky with what used to be my glider a tangled bag of laundry towards jagged lava and pounding surf below count?

17. jp3975

jp3975

That reminds me of this pic...

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/REDSKYYY/one-my-***.jpg

18. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. ricka10

ricka10

20. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

whe i was 20 i met this older married woman and started an affair,at first it was all fun and games but we both started getting feelings for each other...she wanted to leave her husband and move in with me but....

her husband had no family and was a quadropliegic and i knew if i did take her in he would end up in a home somewhere....i am sure if it wasnt me she would have left him for someone else but i just couldnt live with myself if it had been me....