What is the point of a G45?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TheDreadnought, May 16, 2020.

1. SargeMO

SargeMO

As a retired cop, I get it.

Retention holsters, some of which require rocking or twisting to release, are easier to use with a full-size grip. When the release is accomplished, there's less slide to get clear of the holster. This is particularly nice when you are forced to draw from a seated position.

The shorter slide means a shorter overall duty holster may be used, which translates to less duty holster jammed into the seat. One less PITA for folks suffering with a bat-belt full of equipment.

My only complaint would be the platform isn't available in 40 or 45 yet.

2. 153

The G45 with it’s slightly thinner grip circumference and extra length are what sold me. After years of shooting lots of small self defense pistols, I have found that full size handles make accurate shooting much easier. The texture is better than on my Gen 3 pistols, no Talon grip needed.

The only other Glocks that work as well for me are the 26 and 27 models which tuck nicely under the base of my thumb allowing me to center them in my hand and align the slide with my arm.

3. Villuj_idiot

Villuj_idiot

They did. I bought one. Threaded barrel serialized to the frame with suppressor-height night sights.

Scott1970 likes this.
  4. skyfall

skyfall

I would like to see the end of the box and what brand of sights did Glock use?Thanks.

5. Villuj_idiot

Villuj_idiot

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    skyfall likes this.
  6. skyfall

skyfall