What is the most expensive POS you ever bought?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by oldnoob, Feb 24, 2010.

1. oldnoob

oldnoob

As the title said, I own few cheap guns and so far I have great lucks with them. I kind of want to know what you guys experience with the high end crap. :cool:

2. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

3. mrhoes

mrhoes

Taurus 24/7 not really a huge piece of crap, But wish i had just bought a glock. Traded it to my dad for a Ruger P89.

4. scprotector1

scprotector1 LoneStarGlocker

sig p229, and para ordnance LTC 1911

5. hatidua

hatidua

Beretta 21A - jamomatic.

6. Palouse

Palouse The Resistance Lifetime Member

I paid $1200 for a Darne R-14 in 16 gauge, only to learn it was a 12. To add insult to injury, someone at some point in the gun's life had lengthened the chambers to the point that the barrel-wall thickness was too thin to be safe to shoot. So what I had was a $1200 wall-hanger when I wanted a unique hunting shotgun.

I bought it sight-unseen from a dealer in Memphis, and in the end he wouldn't take it back because the FFL I used to ship the gun back to Memphis had a shipping guy who was on vacation for two weeks, so despite the fact that I got the gun to my local FFL to meet the three-day inspection period, it didn't ship for two weeks, and the dealer in Memphis refused the shipment. I told the guy behind the counter that it needed to ship immediately because I was dealing with the three-day inspection, but in the end, they wouldn't take responsibility. I finally sold it to a gun dealer for $750 who wanted it for display.

That was a hard lesson.

7. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

Benilli Super Black Eagle, bought it thinking this thing is bullet proof, and it was, I just about couldn't get a bullet through it. At least every full mag I would have one misfire. Never could get it to cycle right, finally sold it off at a gun show.

8. major

major Rejected member

Tec-9. Piece of junk. Worst part was I took it apart one day (ok, this is embarrassing) and couldn't get it back together. I took it to a buddy who is an FFL. He kept it awhile, tried to sell it for me, then gave it back to me.....missing some parts. So now I have a piece of crap gun in pieces that I can't put back together. Live and learn........lol.

9. dosei

dosei

I have not bought crap yet...expensive or otherwise...:cool:

10. Road Dog

Road Dog Senior Member Millennium Member

Winchester Trapper in 30-30. It shoots great however it will not cycle cartridges effectively making it an expensive single shot. Two gunsmiths later and it will cycle cartridges about 30% of the time if the gun is cycled extremely slow. Because it is not a cross bolt safety model Winchester won't do any warranty work to it either.

RD

11. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker

taurus pt745. cant shoot 75 rounds w/o a fte, so I cant trust to carry. The machine work is hideous Thats why I am eyeballing the G36.

12. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

I am happy to say I have not bought any expensive crap, yet. :shocked:

13. S9Man

S9Man

Presently a Berretta Gold Rush rifle. It won't cycle ammo, jams, mis-fires, just won't work in all most every way (looks nice though). The Gunsmith's at Gander mountain had it ~2 months and when I got it back it seemed like nothing was done to it. It still had the same problems. When I took it back to Gander the second time they said they were going to send it to the factory. That was several weeks ago.

Others: a Berretta 96 that gave me trigger slap, A HK USP with a LE trigger that I just hated (my fault for buying it), a Benelli super 90 that would gave me a head ach after a couple of rounds of trap, a Browning superposed that was a salt wood gun, A CAI FAL with canted sights (so far off it could not be sighted in with irons), A Maddi AK with trigger slap, A Winchester 94 in 357 that had problems cycling ammo from the tube to the chamber, A Colt Gold Cup that kept breaking the pins holding the front & rear sights on (I ended up having the slide milled for Bo-mar sights), a Wincheseter model 70 that was drilled and tapped wrong. I'm sure there are others I can't think of now.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  14. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

Kimber Pro Carry II. my ex coworker got me into the whole Kimber hype so I went out and purchased one. the fit and finish was great but the damn thing was a lemon. First it was sending spent cases right at my face. talked to the range master and he tweaked the ejector. it was fine after that but the ejector broke off after another 200 rounds. sent it to Kimber to get it fixed and take a look aat the issue with the spent cases. took 3 weeks to get it back and the exact same problem no matter who shot it. talk to Kimber CS and they basically told me that it was me that was the problem and gave me the run around. sold the *******ing thing and bought a SA mil spec and never looked back.

15. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Colt's Python. Never could get that legendary, highly praised, highly priced boat anchor to shoot worth a damn.

16. bikerdog

bikerdog

custom built OLY AR 24 inch heavy barrel, cost me $1000 and after one trip back to OLY and three trips to the gunsmith it still jammed every other round. ended up selling it for parts. worst POS ever

17. Brucev

Brucev

Once upon a time in 1980 I bought a National Ordinance 03-A3. I paid $200 for it. I was ignorant and did not realize it was not a real USGI rifle. It did not shoot very well as the barrel was badly damaged by corrosive ammunition residue. had it rebarreled with a NOS 03-A3 Remington barrel. It shot beautifully, but it was of course still just a knock-off. I traded it off. I learned.

18. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Wilson Protector. Ramp was rough and the chamber was WAY too tight even for a match chamber.

19. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Colt Officer's Model 1911. I wanted it badly, and paid accordingly. After a fair amount of tweaking and tuning, and trying a few different types of magazines, I never did get it to be 100% reliable with hollowpoints. I sold it for a loss several years ago. I've had great luck with several other 1911's since then and love them, but that little Colt was a a very expensive lemon.

20. Mntneer357

Mntneer357 Armed&Hammered

Para-Ordnance P13.45. :puking:

Read all the gun rags and decided this had to be the bestest thing ever. Bought it the day after I turned 21. Bought as much ammo as I could afford and headed off to the range.

In my hands, it was a magazine fed single shot. Could NOT get through one mag without at least 2 failures to feed or extract. Back to my friend the smith. New extractor from Wilson installed.

Off to the range for trip 2. Extraction problem solved, but feeding was still hit & miss. Added to which indignity, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside of said barn with it. It shot patterns for me, not groups. My police friend shot it just fine and seemed to like it.

Took it to a show and sold it with FULL disclosure. Warned said buyer of the issues I had. I took a BATH on the sale, but was happy to have it gone.

Never again.

Cheers!
    Mntneer357