Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a set of truglo tfx pro sights from cabellas that they list for a Glock 32. (What I got them for). Truglo shows they do not fit a Glock 32. They sent the one that starts with a Glock 17, truglo lists the 32 on the sight just below that one. A 19 is listed on the sight that fits a 17. I was thinking a 19 & a 32 would be the same slide other than the diameter of the hole for the barrel. Does anyone know the difference? Also truglo doesn't list generations of glocks, my 32 is a gen 3 if that makes a difference.

http://i1admin01.webstorepackage.com/truglo/virtualweb/images/TFX_Chart_2016_P01.html

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
The standard G32(regardless of Gen) will typically come with a taller rear sight than a G17(regardless of Gen) by 0.4mm (6.9mm vs. 6.5mm).

Knowing the heights of the front & rear sights of the TRUGLO sights would help, but don't stress too much about it yet. You can decide at this point to install what you got or, if possible, return them. I suspect if you were completely happy with the stock sight heights, then you might be hitting a bit low with the TRUGLOs.

If you were hitting just a bit high with the stock sights, then you may be completely happy with the TRUGLOs (assuming your G32 had stock height Glock sights already).

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Yes, to Post#3.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Glock's official document for the rear OEM sight heights (in mm above the bottom of sight dove tail) that the factory puts on the various Glock models is the Glock Certified Armorers' parts listing, found here:

https://us.glock.com/documents/FRM-72-26.xls

This document will verify L-2's report.

OEM front sight height is the same at 4.2mm above top of slide for all models.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's where I get confused, the 19 & 17 share the same sight. The 31 & 32 share a different sight. If sight height is determined by the length of the slide wouldn't the 17 share with the 31 and the 19 share with the 32? Cabellas has the 42 & 43 sharing one and all other glocks sharing another.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Here's where I get confused, the 19 & 17 share the same sight. The 31 & 32 share a different sight. If sight height is determined by the length of the slide wouldn't the 17 share with the 31 and the 19 share with the 32? Cabellas has the 42 & 43 sharing one and all other glocks sharing another.
Er...the characteristics of the cartridge (bullet weight, type, velocity) have very important effects on POI. The internal ballistics of the typical 9x19mm load differ significantly from those of the typical 357SIG load. For another example, the G22 and G23 are identical to the G31 and G32 except for barrel and cartridge. That's enough to require 6.5mm sights for the former and 6.9mm sights for the latter.

Fixed rear sights are useful at best only for **suggesting** where the POI will be. Don't expect any one sight elevation to always produce a specific POI.

A. Glock Factory Fixed Rear Sight Elevation
(top of sight to bottom of rear sight dovetail)

-> ALL Glock 9x19mm (except G17L, G43, and some Gen5) and 40SW pistols use 6.5mm fixed rear sights.

-> ALL Glock 357SIG (except G33), 10mm, 45ACP, and 45GAP pistols use 6.9mm fixed rear sights.

-> G17L, G42, G43, and some Gen5 use 6.1mm. G33 uses 6.5mm.

B. Glock Factory Fixed Front Sight Elevation
(top of sight to top of slide)

-> ALL models use the same 4.2mm fixed front sight.

Glock sights their pistols nominally for 25 meter POI. OEM rear sight elevations of 6.1mm, 6.5mm, 6.9mm, and 7.3mm are available.. An old generic Glock thumb rule states that each increment taller raises the POI 50mm (2 inches) at 25 meters (27 yards).

Glock's information provided here is the best source for rear sight elevation specifications for any specific model:

https://us.glock.com/documents/FRM-72-26.xls

Reactions: clarkz71

·
Registered
110 Posts
Like previously stated...adding that the G42/G43 is listed separate, as the height may match other Glock rear sights, however, they have narrower slides due to being only small single-stack....hence the rear sight on the G42/G43 is different then other models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts