What is required to change sights on a glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 9mmhp, Jun 26, 2005.

1. 9mmhp

9mmhp

Curious what is required to change the sights on a Glock? I know glock has a sight tool that could possibly be used for the rear sight, what have people used on the front sight, pliers?
    Also has anybody sent there glocks to kimber or another manufacturer carrying meprolight night sites, what did it cost you?

2. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

You can use a small screwdriver to punch the old front sight out, coming from under the slide. The replacement front sights use a small screw to hold them in place. For the rear, I use a sight tool, but I imagine a brass punch could be used to drift the old one out and a new one in. Just don't wail away on the new one, since it's possible to break the tritium vials inside.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, most armorer's should charge less than $20 to put your supplied night sights on. If you buy the sights locally, most places will install them free.

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The stock sights can be removed with pliers for the front and a punch and hammer for the rear.

To install you need a thin wall 3/16 nutdriver for the front and ideally a pusher for the rear but you improvise with a brass or delrin punch or a wood block and hammer etc.

4. 9mmhp

9mmhp

Thanks guys, anyone know where I can get a cheap glock rear sight changing tool? Also, who sells Meprolights the cheapiest?

5. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

6. T. Harless

T. Harless

The MGW rear sight tool from Lone Wolf is $64 and it works great. I got a 3/16 nut driver from Sears for $6.

7. mhon

mhon

Which tool (of the two from MGW) would work best for the widest range of sights? Can you use the larger tool for sights with slanted sides as well as sights like Heinies with straight sides?

8. T. Harless

T. Harless

I have the slanted but if I were to do it again, I think I'd buy the straight. I could be wrong, but I imagine the straight could do anything the slanted could and then some.