Christian What is really wrong with the Christians of today

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Vic Hays, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

The real problem with Christians of today is that they despise the authority of God and choose the authority of men as a substitute.

Jeremiah 5:26-27 KJV
    [26] For among my people are found wicked men : they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men. [27] As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich.

Revelation 18:2 KJV
    [2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

LASTRESORT20, powernoodle and JBnTX like this.
  2. JBnTX

JBnTX

Amen to that!

LASTRESORT20 and Vic Hays like this.

3. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

I am glad you agree to that. I thought maybe you would.

I have it on the authority of Jesus that the Word of God is both True and will not fail.

The Old and the New Testament are witness to that.

Revelation 11:3-6 KJV
    [3] And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. [4] These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. [5] And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. [6] These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Jeremiah 23:29-32 KJV
    [29] Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord ; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

LASTRESORT20 and jonb32248 like this.
  4. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

The power resides in Jesus at this time.

Matthew 28:18 KJV
    [18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

People don't want to hear that. They would much rather a mere man have authority over them. Fallen human nature tends this way. It is fear not faith.

Exodus 20:19 KJV
    [19] And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  6. powernoodle

powernoodle

The problem in the world is not that pagans behave as pagans. What else would they do? Its their job description. The problem is that Christians largely are not fulfilling their job descriptions. We are called to be "salt and light" in a cold, dark world, so that the Father might be glorified.

------------------------
    Matthew 5
    Salt and Light

13“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

14“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

7. NMG26

NMG26

Sounds like you despise other Christians.

A little superiority complex going on there.

Your sect is better then the other sects.

Would you like to be healed of that?

8. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

This country is not swirling the toilet because Christians have prevailed.

Isa 42:18 “Hear, you deaf! And look, you blind, and see.
    Isa 42:19 “Who is blind but My servant, or deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is at peace, and blind as servant of יהוה?
    Isa 42:20 “You see much, but do not guard; ears are open, but do not hear.”
    Isa 42:21 It has delighted יהוה, for the sake of His righteousness, to make the Torah great and esteemed.
    Isa 42:22 But this is a people robbed and plundered, all of them are snared in holes, and they are hidden in prison houses. They have become a prey, with no one to deliver – for plunder, and no one to say, “Restore!”
    Isa 42:23 Who among you gives ear to this, pays attention and hears for the time to come?
    Isa 42:24 Who gave Ya‛aqoḇ for plunder, and Yisra’ěl to the robbers? Was it not יהוה, He against whom we sinned? For they would not walk in His ways, and they did not obey His Torah!
    Isa 42:25 So He has poured on him His burning displeasure and the strength of battle, and it set him on fire all around, yet he did not understand. And it burned against him, yet he did not take it to heart!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  9. NMG26

NMG26

I can agree with that!

10. Big1

Big1

I have been save now since 1979 in which I am a Bishop of my church, with that said it's not like it use to be things and Christians have change, it the sign of the times. I will say to those who still obeying God commandment keep the faith.