What is My Romanian "G" Kit Worth?

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Steel & Wood, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

Thinking about selling it because, after looking into what it would cost to buy build tools, it ain't gonna happen! I only bought it because it was too good a deal to pass up. So what do you think?

Matching numbers
    Rivet sets (two I think)
    Ready to go FINISHED receiver

Not a lot of comps on GB so what say you? Thanks in advance! :)

[​IMG]

TGG

Anomander likes this.
  2. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

G kit with NDS 3 I would value at $400-$500

3. Steel & Wood

Thanks for the reply, I was guessing around $500 as well.

TGG

4. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

If you throw it on gunbroker you may get a little more but I think $500 is about the price these days. I miss the days of the $79 and $99 G kits. Wish I would have bought a hundred, only bought 10.

Anomander likes this.
  5. Steel & Wood

Thanks, it's just like the Chinese AK-47 $20 + $40 drum magazines. Wish I would have bought 10 of each but only bought one of each , a 75 and a 100.:-( :-( :-(

TGG

6. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

I had Arizona Response Systems build my $99 G kit into a really nice rifle 6 years ago. 30,000 rounds later, not one belch.

Anomander likes this.
  7. Steel & Wood

:wow: 30000 rounds in 6 years? Must be nice! :). May I ask how much they charged to build it for you? Thanks in advance.

TGG

8. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

Generally builds run right around $350-$500 give or take depending on the builder and the type of finish you want

9. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

It was around $500.

10. Steel & Wood

YIKES!!!

Assuming $450 to have it built plus $35 to ship it back to me, with what I paid for the kit and the receiver, I am looking at a total cost of $920! And that is a minimum of $920!!!

I think that if I can sell it on GunBroker for $600, receiver and kit together, I would definitely be okay with that. I could put that money in my piggy bank in the hopes that maybe Donald Trump will undo Clinton's 89 ban on Chinese rifles and ammo. Wouldn't that be fantastic? :) :) :)

TGG

11. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

Well, it was worth it for me. Kit(with original chrome lined barrel) -$99, G2 trigger and gas piston (US made for 922r compliance)-$35, Nodak Spud receiver -$85, build by Mark Graham -$500

I have stone reliable rifle that will outlast me.

12. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

Exactly, $920 for a QUALITY rifle easily trumps $700 for the junk that's for sale by the big US "manufacturers"

13. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

China ban isn't going anywhere

14. Steel & Wood

I guess that is true, $920 for a quality AK is a good price. I would really like to find a more cost-efficient builder though. Somebody local would be great because that would save me on shipping costs.

This is a pretty big decision, going to have to think about it for a bit.

TGG

15. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

I used to build but long ago gave it up and sold my tools. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined you could make tools to build yourself. 12 ton shop press, Half inch diameter bolt and nut, bolt cutter modified for setting front trunnions rivets, bucking plates for trigger guard and rear trunnions rivets, and a table top drill press to remove old rivets if not already removed and a few pennies to keep from damaging the barrel crown when pressing it back in. It takes a little time and patience but is not too hard. Using the real deal jigs is much quicker but with due care a nice job can be done with the list I just gave you. Where do you live, maybe a builder is closer than you think

Anomander likes this.
  16. Steel & Wood

I really don't see myself attempting to build it myself. I live in Fort Lauderdale, maybe I'll call around and see if somebody knows anyone. Thanks for all the replies and advice :)

TGG

17. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

AKUSA, websight is AK103.com is in your area. One of the best builders in the world. It won't be the cheapest build but sure as hell will be one of the nicest rifles you have ever held. Good luck in your search

18. Anomander

Anomander

You would be trying to steal it.
    The kit alone is worth $500, not a dime less. Add the receiver and rivets and you've got $600 without breaking a sweat. Can likely get more with a little patience.

19. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

Actually not trying to steal anything, never stated I was offering to buy it at any price. I have plenty of Romanian, Polish, Chinese, Yugo, Hungarian, and Russian AKs. If he sells I would love to see him get every penny he can for it. I retired from the AK game years ago. I was lucky and got into building at the right time. My PLO cost me about the same as a Romy G does now. When prices tripled I was out and sold all of my jigs. My focus is now more centered to precision long range stuff.

20. Steel & Wood

Still not sure if I am selling it or having it built. Chris at akusa said he would do it for $550. He said that an NDS 1 receiver would be better than the NDS 3 receiver that I already have. I really didn't want to have to buy another receiver so not sure what I'm doing yet. If I could find an NDS 1 receiver at a really really good price I would think about it.

Thanks all :)

TGG