close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is it ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rman 585, May 19, 2011.

1. Rman 585

Rman 585 Chip Maker

I started my spring pistol league on tuesday and some of the guys were asking who bought what guns since last time we all saw each other.
    I said i picked up a few 9mm glocks over the winter and a few of the "older" guys were like oh GLOCKS arent they those plastic throwaway guns.
    So i was shooting my 34 that night and it shot great just like a glock should.
    Some of the other guys were in safe area trying to unjam there non-glocks.
    I hammered on them a little....saying things like you can borrow one of my throwaway guns to finish the match if you want.....LOL....They just grumbled..:cool:
    Have you guys come across this???
    Glock haters.....I cant figure it out...I think glocks are great and im going to buy more of them.
    I guess some guys are set in there ways!!..??

2. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Everyone has their own taste, which is fine, but I have a friend who won't touch a Glock.

3. Hunng

Hunng

Sub-$500 "plastic" pistols arent supposed to outperform and outlast $1000 1911s, sigs and revolvers...you know, "real" guns.

4. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

You must live in the sticks. I thought all New Yorkers were smarter than that. Particularly, since most of your LEO's carry Glocks.
    I'm glad you have a Glock; you can be instrumental in the education of your club members. And win all of the matches in the process. :)
    I did notice a similar situation a couple of weeks ago here in Florida...also in the sticks. I shot steel plates at my club, and nearly everyone had a 1911. I saw many of those guns fail and jam, while my Glock just kept on running. I love it.
    S2

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  5. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Thats right, Glocks never fail..Just read all the threads here on GT and you'll see nothing but 100% perfection..

6. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

For price, reliability and durablity I think Glocks are excellent combat type handguns with more than enough accuracy to meet most situations.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. JJJJr Shabadoo

JJJJr Shabadoo Doc

I recently started shooting IDPA locally. Usually 15-18 people show up. ~5 use either a Glock or an SD and most everyone else uses some flavor of 1911. Some of the 1911 folks poke (good hearted) fun at the "plastic" guns. What amuses me is that the ONLY failures I've seen (at least a few each match) have come from the 1911 camp. I have not witnessed a single failure with any of the "plastic" guns. A couple of the people there have such regular failures with their 1911's (almost every stage they run) that it absolutely amazes me they would even consider using it as a carry gun (which some of them do).

8. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

I alternate between Glocks and 1911's. Both platforms are stellar. I don't get the hating on either side. My 1911's don't have malfunctions and neither do my Glocks. Can't we love them both?

When it comes to carry, I carry the glocks more. Only because of the lighter weight.

9. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

If you're around firearms enough, you'll see everything fail sooner or later ever your beloved Glock.

Spend enough time on this forum and you will see many stock glock failures.

Those of us that love many platforms but choose 1911 as a duty/ carry weapon have ran them through rigorous testing just as I do any other gun before choosing it as a carry gun.

My 1911's have been 100% flawless as have most of my Glocks. Otherwise I wouldn't choose them as a Duty/Carry weapon.

10. vtducrider

vtducrider

I rarely see firearm failures at matches. 1911's, Glocks, S&W's, what not...

Glocks=$2 moonshine, works every time.
    Custom 1911=30-year old bourbon, works great too but you get a spoiled bottle every now and then.

They all have their places depending on what mood strikes.

11. vtducrider

vtducrider

I recently started carrying a G19, and yes I love the lighter weight as opposed to 1911's and my P7's. But it does not carry well in the appendix position. When I sit, it keeps wanting to come out of the VM-2. For me, the P7 carries the best in that position.

12. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

My 1911's are generally very reliable. I had a reliability package done on one of my stainless Commanders years ago, sort of for insurance. Two of my Officer's Model guns were not 100%; one LW and one steel. I don't (won't) carry the Officer's. The short barrel/quick action is not conducive to the same reliability as the original five-inch model on which the 1911 was based.
    I carried a Colt LW Commander for yrs of practical shooting and concealed carry in Pennsylvania; 100% reliable.
    I have a SA EMP 9mm which is a great gun; about as solid-feeling as a 5" Colt. It is a excellent weapon without any work to be done on it. Of course, that darned thing isn't cheap, either.
    My Glocks run 100% for me. I don't send them to gunsmiths for reliability packages to be installed.
    I've had 12 Glocks. I've never done anything to them other than connector changes and polishing.
    S2

13. Rman 585

Rman 585 Chip Maker

:cool:
    I live in " upstate " NY .......
    Got my 34 all ready for Tuesday night
    I have been MOWING DOWN steel plates at the club from 25 yards !!!!
    I am ready to show them.....LOL