Glock Talk banner

What IS it with these people?

397 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Kahr_Glockman
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1062493

For the latest exercise in stupidity, but just an example. We've had the cougar---cat, not wench. We've had the post-pursuit beating. We've had the strip search in the holding cell. Metric tonnes more. All examples where the GT braintrust rally to pronounce their sage and considered ( :puking: ) opinion as to what constitutes excessive force, or proper procedure, or otherwise.

Seriously, at what point in our world did the uninformed, never mind the misinformed, begin to think that they had standing? It's got to be an internet phenomenon driven by too many years of self-esteem training in public schools. Maybe something in the water.

I try hard to be a patient man, and have generally believed that understanding moves us all forward. But I swear, I'm ready to hoist the black flag and start slitting throats.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
Dang. I missed it before it got locked.

Two major factors are at work here, the first is abysmal reading comprehension skills and second is a complete lack of critical thinking skills, put those with what you mentioned and you have a recipe for utter stupidity.

Throw in a sprinkling of anarchists who think the founding fathers set up a government to insure that everyman could do what was right in their own eyes to keep the first group fired up and the end result os threads just like this.

· VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,299 Posts
damn man, drunk people crash at 100mph and get scratches, a guy gets shoved by a cop and goes into a coma

it's a crazy world, you know...

· Registered
4,954 Posts
Replace reason and logic with emotion and bravado.
Whatever happened to knowing right from wrong. People used to be SHAMED by having trouble with the police.
Now the law is something that applies to other people. Too many fragile egos.

· Premium Member
CLM #38
10,892 Posts
Anybody notice the details in the expanded report? The male who got body checked paid someone $60 to drive him to the location and wait for him. He didn't return but that was because he was chased down. His only attributable statement was "I don't have anything."

Get it?

He was a doper who went to the location to cop. He had product on him when the foot pursuit started and he stopped running once he managed to ditch what he was holding.

He ran because he had just made a buy.

At least that's what I get out of it.

Perhaps being a retired narc colors my view, but there ya go.....................

· Daddy X2
4,121 Posts
seanmac45;13038861 said:
Anybody notice the details in the expanded report? The male who got body checked paid someone $60 to drive him to the location and wait for him. He didn't return but that was because he was chased down. His only attributable statement was "I don't have anything."

Get it?

He was a doper who went to the location to cop. He had product on him when the foot pursuit started and he stopped running once he managed to ditch what he was holding.

He ran because he had just made a buy.

At least that's what I get out of it.

Perhaps being a retired narc colors my view, but there ya go.....................
Never was a narc, but those were my exact thoughts...

and then these morons say the police never IDed themselves...

* Harris flipped his sweatshirt hood over his head and started to walk away. The officers, in dark-colored uniforms, yelled, "Stop police." Harris runs, first eastbound on Blanchard Street, then south on Third Avenue to Lenora Street, where he runs toward the Cinerama, Urquhart said.

* Three witnesses saw the chase, including one who grabbed a traffic cone with the thought of intervening. Two witnesses who had just left the theater heard the officers shout, "Stop, police." The witnesses also heard Harris reply: "I don't have anything." Both deputies said that they identified themselves.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/406458_video22.html

To be honest, it is getting to the point where I am getting tired of coming to GT.

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
I try to stay out of most other places within the GT forums. CT, here, and the other social groups I am part of are plenty.

· VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,299 Posts
Mostly I now stay here, even in CT the trolls and other stupid people make my blood boil

lately my fuse is pretty short

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
Another one of the common denominators among these people is they have no knowledge of history whatsoever, so they live in a fantasy world where their "Rights" are dissappearing instead of the real world where they have more rights than in any time in the history of this nation.

I wish they all had the opportunity to travel back in time to thier Idealized fantasy world and find out just how it really was.

· Super Moderator
61,607 Posts
:faint:
blackbmw;13168059 said:
I dont get it, with the wannabe stuff, To be a cop here all you have to do is go to the police academy for 6 months and viola! your a cop. There is no college, no real training. Just basic mall ninja stuff. I am more competent than most police officers out of the academy in the local laws and with handling a firearm. And yes, i have checked it out so dont tell me it is any different(wanted a job that doesnt lay you off).
blackbmw;13168546 said:
HAHA!! i was in fenton missouri bank parking lot when it was robbed earlier this week!!! I was in a meeting at a restaurant with the owner of a company when the fat slobby cop showed up trying to pull hold his pants up while holding his 870 sky high and hide behind his door! i was laughing my ass off!! The rest of my group found out that i carry at that moment as we rushed to the owners navigator trying to jet away(across the street) to our newly rented space. They never said a word about it later on in the day. 40 cops showed up, all disorientated with the robbery. It doesnt happen in fenton i guess!. weird part is i wanted to stay there and mess with the guy who robbed the bank. what a damn rush that was!! :supergrin:
blackbmw;13168656 said:
The bank lot was shared with a mexican restaurant and a strip mall, stay with me now....As we walked out some woman was running down the sidewalk screaming the bank is being robbed! We were walking to the lincoln when we were surprised by the woman screaming...still with me socrates? just making sure now...That is when the fat cop with the 870 showed up, sweating and wishing he wasnt there at that time. We stopped to try and put 2 and 2 together( its 4, if your momma didnt tell you) and realized that the bank was being robbed and he was outside the front doors. DONT LOSE ME NOW!!! i know its tough but hang on there cochise, That is when we made a break for the navigator due to the certain situation next door, that would be a bank robbery jesse james, in case i lost you with the letters forming what we call words. Our building was directly across the street( thats an area of pavement with a yellow stripe down the middle) so we had a frontal view of what happened in the next 5 minutes.40 cops, 5 in our parking lot alone, wondering what to do! and YES!! he got away(was caught today) on foot in a populated area. When the girl came running screaming bank robbery and ole fatty arbuckle came a calling i wasnt impressed. I sat at my location and snickered a tad along with 3 other guys. Only one guy freaked out. running to the car. the rest wanted to stay and see what the next move was gonna be.(stupidity i guess, but entertaining). Found out that 2 others had ccw also. When the real police force came around we decided to leave. did i lose you at all? do i need to take painting lessons to show you in diaghram the area with exact pinpoints? look bud, i went to school for electronic engineer, not graphic design, so it might look primitave at best.:tongueout:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1020251
MAJOR screw up by me.....
So i got the fabled call, the classic "im pregnant" one that you dread. My problem is this is a girl i just met that lives 230 miles away from me, and i have no clue if this child is mine or not. the other issue is that she is 20. im far from 20. She lived with an ex boyfriend at the time, she admitted that guys would walk in her room at 2am, but insisted that they just wanted to talk, and she has a cook at her work flipping out cause she is seeing me, he is 36. Im really hesitant to believe that this is my child, but if it is dont want to be a punk and walk away. im screwed!!!
blackbmw;11944035 said:
So i went down to st. chuck's college and got the schedule for the police academy, my questions are as follows,
1. I am 30, is that to old
2. What does moral turpitude mean exactly? i was a dumb ass kid that did stupid stuff, fights and getting caught with a stolen stereo that i bought from a friend when i was 17 or 18, is that gonna be a problem?
blackbmw;11944158 said:
well, no rape, forgery, robbery, and i havent picked up a snaggle toothed hooker, so i guess im ok then right?

:rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts