close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is going on back there?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by FAlvar, Feb 23, 2005.

1. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

I get TFC at home and I don't like what I see in the news.

Wet flags: Government sanctioned assault.

Sim card registration: Cell phones are being used in terror attacks so they want sim cards reg'd. Of course this will be a new source of corruption. Lagayan during the reg process. Electronic clocks can be used to set off bombs too. Do I have to register my Lorus?

and the most absurd of all: Marikina wants to ban FULL FACE helmets because some criminals use them when they commit their wrongdoing...;Q Heck, they wear CLOTHES when they commit crimes so I guess everybody should just walk around nekkid?

WTF over?

Pero maganda pa rin si Vina ha?

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

;z Actually that's nothing out of the usual. Masaya pa rin. ;f

3. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Yep, onli in di pilipins! ;f ;e

4. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Trial and error pa rin ;e

5. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

I watch TFC also. Kaya lang mga balitang showbiz!

6. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

Aba, gusto ko rin ang balitang showbiz. nag pakasal na naman si Sunshine at Cesar. Underwater pa! Panay ang sisid ni Cesar ngayon ;f

Kay Vina pa rin ako. Saka kay Charlene.. Saka kay Paw. Naku, iinumin ko ang tubig sa bathtub ng babaing yun!

7. paltik45

paltik45

Yup nakita ko din si MANOY nag-guest sa yes yes show. Talagang photogenic si Paw;) Pero kay Heart pa rin ako:)

8. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

HAH. Im working here in ABS-CBN. Madalas makita yang mga yan dito. Viva Hot Babes sawang sawa kami. Dami dito artista kita lagi pati kuyukot. ;f ;f ;z Sige bigyan ko kayo madami pics and videos. I'll post some from time to time

10. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Ang tagal naman. ;f

11. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

ifokrita!! cguro maka ai-ai ka!;f

darwin,

i know the feeling, i used to work for ABS in the early days of my career. :cool:

13. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

SCQ ;f I like Erich ;a

Sandy of the Koreanovela "Save the last.." is also a hottie :)

NakikiJologs din ;f

14. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Oh, there have been several good things , Falvar.....

The influx of more than a billion pesos in hot money from foreigners (into the Philippine Stock Exchange) in the last two months has boosted the local stock exchange greatly. Of course, this means nothing to the 40% of Filipinos who are "technically" poor. But a lot of investors have made millions.

The Senate and Congress are about to pass the latest VAT law - living costs going up but has to be done or our government's budget will be irretrievably screwed, and our credit rating will get near Nauru's.

Our GDP is up.

The next electricity crisis has been postponed to 2008.

Generals Garcia and Ligot are still evading justice, per the glacial pace of our judicial system.

Our armed forces are beating the Abu Sayyaf. Meaning that the guards at Greenbelt are a bit more intrusive when searching your bags.

The Bangko Sentral is succeeding in holding interest rates down, which helps the local property development industry, that is recovering from its last 7-year down-cycle, until interest rates rise again.

The Peso pretty much remains slightly under P55, which is because of the weakness of the Dollar, not because of any strength of the Peso (the Peso is still very weak against the Yen and the Euro and the Pound.)

Call centers are doing well, and there are more of them. Soon women in call centers will be legally allowed to work at night.

Nurses continue to emigrate, causing some hospitals to shut down entire floors because there aren't enough nurses.

Filipinas as sexy and beautiful as ever, except for the increasingly sausage-like Kris Aquino. But Dr. Vicky Belo's business is booming.

Thankfully, there are no more Nino Muhlach movies.

The gauge of galvanized GI Sheets continues to get thinnner and thinner - used to be 4 mm., now down to about 1 mm. They are now used as sails in yachts.

Fake watches now come in several grades.

Sellers of fake DVDs have asked for a one-year moratorium before having to shut down - so that they can sell off all their inventories.

So, how are things over where you are, Falvar?

15. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

But what is more interesting are a whole bunch of On the Job trainees from different schools. Ang gaganda. At mas approachable kesa sa mga artista. ;f ;f

16. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

Houses for the middle class start at half a mil. But you can sell for about 100K profit a year later. Of course, you also face higher prices when you buy your next house...

Ante, it bothers me that while I see ppl protesting the usual stuff, and now, the VAT, nobody contests the intrusion of government into the minutae of their lives. I guess we are just conditioned to be regulated.

Kris Aquino maybe a little on the plump side, and her voice can be grating, but I'll hit that *****.

Hm... Me VD sya di ba?
    Yoikes!

17. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

actually, in Davao City, there is a ban on wearing helmets (full face), witnessess could clearly describe the assassins,ie, height weight, type of firearm, motorcycle used, etc. but unfortunately, they could not identify the FACE,

18. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

In times when the survival of the state, and its citizens, is in jeopardy - in wartime - then it is not unusual for certain privileges, and even rights, to be suspended. Certain rules in Britian during World War II, for instance; and arguably, certain provisions of the U.S. Patriot Act. Furthermore, different countries have different opinions about what are the inalienable rights of citizens - the American opinion is just one opinion. European countries and Japan, for instance, do not think that it is the inalienable right of a citizen to own a firearm. Even American law courts have upheld the principle that citizens do not have an inalienable right to own TNT and other explosives.

The question is whether there exists a sufficient state of emergency in the Philippines to warrant a mandatory state ID system for all citizens, the prohibition of full-face helmets, a ban on mirror-finishes on car windows etc. It's a debatabe issue, and there will be different opinions.

Personally, I see a big difference between the wearing of clothes, and the wearing of a full-face helmet or a skimask.The right of a citizen to do what he wants ends where the rights of other citizens to protect themselves begin.

19. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

Well, if it can be suspended then it's not a right.

Section 4 of the PhilCon Bill of Rights guarantees freedom of expression. Government involvement in the way folks dress is not in keeping with the intentions of Sec 4 of the BoR. There is no opinion from a US point of view here. Like most Pinoys here I too played a small part in putting that Constitution there. It worries me that letting govt get away with the small things will eventually lead to govt taking away every last thing we can still have.

20. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

In my first paragraph I wrote that different countries have different opinions about what rights citizens have. I pointed out the example that the right to possess - keep and bear - firearms is (subject to endless arguements about what the "militia" etc. are in the 21st century) in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, but clearly not in the constitutions of European countries, or in the constitution of Japan. I did not say anything about a US opinion on full-face helmets in the Philippines.

Regarding the specific matter at hand about a full-face helmet, which in effect is like a mask and hides the face of the wearer, asian_glockster's post above indicates that in Davao there is a law against wearing them. Furthermore, rights can be suspended during national emergencies - for instance the freedom of assembly during wartime - and the application of rights is always subject to interpretation by the courts. Will a court rule that banks do not have the right to refuse entry to people wearing skimasks?

Disagreement between us is on whether rights are absolute.