close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What if... time travel, and 9-11-01

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 10mm Sonny, Nov 28, 2012.

1. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

So my friend and I had this conversation today about traveling back in time to stop the 9/11 attacks.

Here is the senerio; A time machine, like SkyNet's in the Terminator, can send you one-way just once, (But your clothes can go with you) to Sept 11, 2000. You only have a ten second window to accept and go. Which means the only information you have is what you know right now.

You now have one year to prevent the attacks.

So, how do you do it?

What info is in your head right now that can be used to stop this? Can you name any of the hijackers? What flight school did they attend? What hotels did they stay at? Other than United 93, what were the other flight numbers?

How do you stop four planes from being hijacked? Who do you contact, and what do you tell them without sounding like a crazy person (or being mistaken for a terriorist) that should be locked up?

We all know what happened that day, but what details could we tell back then to be taken seriously?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

I honestly don't think people would have believed it could happen. The entire country's mentality changed that day.

3. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Find each pilot, shoot, shovel, shut up. Meant to add, at best it might delay the inevitable at worse it could create a complete paradigm shift that would destroy the world.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

I don't know what I would do, but I could see this guy starring in the movie.

[​IMG]

5. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I think being mistaken for a terrorist might be the best way. Preferably an anonymous terrorist.

6. TK-421

TK-421

I think it's entirely possible that if you were to go back in time and succeed in preventing 9/11, then the terrorists would just train more people and do it again, and keep doing it until they succeed.

7. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

8. raven11

raven11

+1

after the 1993 bombing failed Bin Laden tried again on 9/11. had 9/11 failed I doubt he would have gave up

9. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail

First thing I would do is take my money out of the markets and bet on the Pats to win the Super Bowl

10. Jake514

Jake514

To get ideas and tips you could read the book "1963" which is about a time traveler going back to prevent Kennedy's assassination.

11. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

And you would lose all your money. The Ravens won XXXV

12. MasterShake

MasterShake Brew Crew

If you listen closely, you can hear Peace Warrior hyperventilating right now....

13. Kilrain

Kilrain Señor Member

Did you mean "11/22/63" or did I miss the book you are referencing?

14. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Killing the pilots would just delay it.

I'm assuming your options are to "frame" them with just enough info to get the authorities onto them or use the future knowledge to convince a small group to be in place to stop them.

15. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Tracking down the terrorists wouldn't help since it wasn't bin Laden's folks who did it. I have it on good authority from some folks here on GT that it was all a conspiracy and that pretty much every damned member of the Federal Government was somehow involved!

Oh, and the Jews, too! Can't forget those sneaky Jews! :whistling:

16. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

No kidding. Getting a lawyer to file a class-action suit against the makers of Detcord would have stopped the whole thing. HH

17. J_P

J_P

Going back in Time in itself is very risky, you could possibliy effect the entire world be it good or bad.

If the task were given to me with the little information I have now in my brain. It would be seriously impossible to even locate the terriorist that were envolved. Im guessing my only chose would be to contact the FBI or CIA. This would be very risky because YOU have information about a terroristic attack that will occur. I guarantee the FBI and CIA would love to hear where you got this information. I also belive to be taken seriously you would have to sacrifice yourslef and say Im one of the terriorist and I want out of the plan. This would be very stupid but it may be the only way to prevent this 9/11 attack, that is if its your mission to complete. You could cooperate with them and tell them what you know about the attack and try to get a plea bargin if criminal charges are brought against you. Other then Sherlock Homles..ing it for a year and trying to locate the terriorist yourself which I dont think would have much luck unless you have more information.

18. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

~ "(But your clothes can go with you)" ~

~"You now have `one year` to prevent the attacks" ~

`Cloths have pockets`.............
    Take video with you (about Islam.."Koran") appeasement....& Tolerance & *what happened ...meet the right folks...show them the tecknowledgy...make "near future" predictions...as proof...Moving along...show them what road `Liberalism` will take us & Europe....show them the animals we are dealing with....Then its up to them....

19. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Interesting. What exact video would you show? HH

20. Jake514

Jake514

You are correct, "11/22/63" by Stephen King. I got the book awhile ago at the library and did not remember the full title. I was not too impress as it started good but got too bogged down in details about 2/3rds of the way through. Not too many tips for time travelers either, other than throw your cell phone in a pond so you do not have to explain.