Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What I want for dinner tonight...

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by i8547, Nov 6, 2005.

1. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

CONUS - mostly
    I figured I'd try something new in the food forum that will hopefully result in all of us experimenting and experiencing new ways to do things.

This is how it works. The original poster starts off by posting a general idea of what they want to eat later in the evening for dinner. The next posters, in 15 words or less responds with something along the lines of a cooking method, a recipe, side dishes etc, and it keeps going until we have a full meal with recipes, cooking methods, etc. Each person to respond is limited to 15 words or less so that there is enough room for others to expand on so that variety exists.

It is up to the original poster to mention any limitations that might come up. I.E., I don't have a BBQ Grill, or it needs to be vegetarian, it needs to be kosher etc.

Hopefully we can get one a day.

I'll start...

I would like a ribeye steak for dinner tonight. Needs to be stove top and/or oven based.

What next?
  2. CaliTheKid

Los Angeles
    15 words or less is a tough one to give a recipe. I thought maybe I'd give only one part of the meal and someone else could chime in with a side dish next or something....BTW this is an AWESOME steak.

1 rib-eye steak
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 shallot, chopped
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/8 cup dry white wine
    1/2 cup cream
    1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese (about 4 ounces), crumbled
    1/8 cup prepared horseradish
    1 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Season the steak on both sides with the salt and pepper. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill steak 5 minutes on each side (for medium rare).

To make the sauce: Saute the shallot in the butter in a saucepan until translucent. Add the wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the cream, bring to a simmer and reduce slightly. Whisk in the Gorgonzola cheese and horseradish and cook until the cheese is melted. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add parsley-- pour over steak!