close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What I Said and What I Did

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i looked back to find an old post by Don at PC about goals for 2006. this is what i said i wanted to do: copied from the original thread.

i want a 500 indoors, i'm close and think i can do it yet this year, if not then in 06 for sure. i'd like ot get kicked out of Am classes, but that may be an unrealsitic goal. have more fun, shoot more matches. thinking orlando now but job stuff is real unsure so don't know if i'll have the jack to do it. build the 34 into a race gun. i bought two non glocks in last 2 days, ar15 and smith41 so there went the race gun budget. i'd like to improve my accuracey since i'm way fast enough already. shoot in the 90s all the time and dip into the 80s and 70s on a good day. and again like i said above to continue to have fun and enjoy getting together with the other shooters.

edit: typos fixed and this, i plan to attend the following
    orlando, maybe
    statesville
    anderson maybe
    richmond
    indy
    marietta
    vermont
    fulton ny maybe
    brighton
    conyers
    lexington
    topton

and what i've done. my guess is i got my first 500 not long after i posted this, it was in 2005. now i'm trying for a 500 with my 27 but seem to be stuck all year on 498. i did build the 34 into a UL race gun with help and advice from jerry, aka fireglock, and it works without a problem shooting light loads. i did get kicked out of the amature classes, something i didn't really think would happen. i've shot in the 50s several times now so i need to keep doing it. had a plate run of 11.7 which i can't believe i did. i managed to shoot every match i said with the exceptions of the 4 they dropped from the line up, but i added st. paul and am thinking about pensacola if i can swing it with job issues. i also ROed and am going to RO another match or two this year. i'm having way more fun shooting GSSF than i did last year, i know more people, and in general spend a lot of time just visiting and talking at the range.

2. jantydog

jantydog

Congrats ede! You are shooting very well and you are achieving your goals. Keep the desire.

3. Terminator

Terminator

Congrats on a great year Ed. It couldnt happen to a nicer guy :)