Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed nobody had started the annual "what have you done this year" thread, so here we go.

Personally haven't done much this week. Helped my son & his wife move closer to her school, and still making horrifically slow progress on the house build. Did buy a small new generator come to think of it. Finally got tired of fighting generator engines and broke down & bought a Honda EU2000i; home depot currently has the lowest price I've seen on them.

Have an appointment to take two of the other generators in to a shop tomorrow to get worked on. One Champion brand that's only three years old; and an older, small Ryobi inverter generator similar to the little honda.

·
Combat Diver
3,617 Posts
Bought a new Kimber K6S, 6 shot .357 that is amazingly accurate and fun to shoot. Much different than my Scadium J frame. Bought a case of 124 grn 9mm, put a weather station in the green house.

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
1. Had surgery and doing fine; Kaiser charged me $15!
2. Set up appointment with orthopedic surgeon; $40!
3. Confirmed two dental appointments;
4. Ordered two gates be constructed for security;
5. Mounted one game camera - working on number 2;
6. Purchased good liquor. I explain. I give bottles to relatives on their birthdays and for Christmas. So, until then, you could say I have a stockpile if shtf in the meantime.
7. Half another 1/2 dozen TSA confiscated quality knives coming for maintenance and disposition.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
In no particular order:

Babysat one of my Beagles who had ACL surgery last week. No jumping up, running, jumping down. ( for the dog, not me). But probably good advice for me too.

Gave physical therapy (stretching) to above Beagle twice a day and gave pain meds and cold compresses.

Received email that I could send my full size 320RX to Sig for upgrade.

Packaged for Fedex and sent today.

Called financial guy and moved some of this year’s earnings into the mm account. Thanks again, President Trump.

Pretty exciting life, dontcha think?

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Not much. This cold/borderline flu (yes, got a shot) is stomping me pretty hard so far. Itching to get better to get back to getting things done.

·
Registered
693 Posts
in the process of reloading every piece of brass I can find that I have bullets for, time consuming with a single stage press, good thing I enjoy it so much.
got the dog his shots.
tried to sprout some stored wheat, it is going to be expensive to replace. the birds don't mind. gave it to a friend with chickens. he gives us eggs.
put a dead bolt on my ammo storage room, ammo was growing legs.
researching rabbits.
might be buying a 68 gmc 4wd pickup.
enough for now.

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
It turned out that Kaiser had me go to a physical therapist. Received 4 specific exercises and my arm was restored in three days. And remember, I already do an hour of exercises a day.

Tomorrow morning, the gate builder comes at 7:30 am. I now have three functioning game cameras. When a person lives on a dead end street off a street with limited access and there is still home burglaries/cars with broken windows, one takes the expensive step of putting in more layers of security. (If a person moves to the country, his nearest rough neighbors would probably be tweekers running labs).

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lost four lbs since the first of the year, but it's four I put on between thanksgiving and christmas; so pretty much a 'back-to-where-I-started' thing, not really 'progress'.

Also found a fairly good deal on .22LR subsonics; remington 38-grain subsonic HP load at just 7.4 cents per round. I'm cutting way back on gun & prep purchases this year (at least, on those I see as optional or discretionary), but took the plunge on a case of this load at this price.

·
10mm Philosopher
6,305 Posts
Passed on what looked to be a dusty, unopened 192-rd DCM/CMP spam can of AP 30.06 at the local Fun Show. Seller dude wanted $400 for it.

And actually, for being the first show of the year it wasn't that impressive. Lots of guns showing lots of wear (or someone's mods) priced for more than new guns fetch at the online outfits like Buds. A few interesting things seen, but mostly ah, meh, blah.

Strolling the show took about an hour & a half. Then left. Didn't spend a dime.

Outside it was like, 9-degrees not counting the wind chill, so what else was I going to do? ... :headscratch:

I went home and did a little reloading before one of the play-off games came on.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fasteddie565 - are those for fans?

·
10mm Philosopher
6,305 Posts
Woke up, went to work, solved other people's problems, came home.
The world needs more people like you.

Might have got a bit fatter.
Well, "fat" is relative. I work-out 4 times a week, but still think I carry too much weight. And then there's the distinction between being "fat" and being "obese."

You only fall into the latter category IF any one of the following applies:

* it's been at least a decade since you last saw your feet while standing up;

* last year your pant's size qualified for it's own zip code; or,

* you believe that elbowing your way to the front of the buffet line at Pizza Hut 3x per week is a valid form of exercise. :shocked:

Reactions: Benchrst

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
Well, "fat" is relative. I work-out 4 times a week, but still think I carry too much weight. And then there's the distinction between being "fat" and being "obese."
Oh I can still see my feet :)

It's just the spare tire is moving further from "donut" and closer to full size :)

I should start working out...

Reactions: agtman

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's good to see the thread I started so many years ago to motivate people is still going.

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
Still making hardtack and storing in zip lock bags. US Civil War ration was 1 pound of hardtack and 1 1/4 pounds of salt pork a day. People are bigger today. Trying to eventually have 70 pounds of hardtack = 30 days for two people. Never goes bad. Pound for pound has 3x the number of calories in an equal weight of rice.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,042 Posts
It's good to see the thread I started so many years ago to motivate people is still going.
I think you will find I started the first one on GT. :******: :)

I find it funny how GT lost it's way and lost people. There are so few posts here.

I have been shooting more this year than last. It is important to remember like any skill it will deteriorate if not used. Some of this is just finding a place to shoot longer distances. I don't have an extreme range, but at least I am beyond 100 yards in open fields. I could still use some trigger time with my handguns.
I also bought more steel to shoot at.
I have also finished some shooting projects.
I watched some Sniper 101 training. It is pretty good, although I disagree with some of what was said.
Changing jobs

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you planning on buying anything in RC because of the low shipping rates, be advised that there is a meeting of the international group in September and Mr. Trump wants the low rates withdrawn
Once again showing my flagrant ignorance - "buying in RC"..?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.