What have we learned here after three days of Antifa and BLM riots?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Burebista, May 31, 2020.

1. fxstchewy

fxstchewy

I've learned that people that don't work and pay taxes sure like to tear up stuff.

Cambo, JimWillson, aircarver and 8 others like this.
  2. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

As I tell those who want home defense ideas. “If you chose a firearm. You MUST decide that you can use it”. If you are uncertain it could be taken from you. You might have to shoot a unarmed man. (If you called 911 as they broke in, retreated to room chosen.. if threat (even unarmed) keeps coming you have to be able to shoot. They are not advancing against a scared women with a shotgun (with entire rest of house unprotected) to ask “where did you get those drapes”
    My layman understanding of MN law that should be legal use of force.
    Now a store. If you are out front (on sidewalk). That’s a public area. I don’t think you have any legal right to prevent others from walking. So you and 4 buddies load up to play Rambo. Stand out front. What do you do when a dozen folks walk up? Crowd around without voicing any threats? Half a dozen females with cameras in landscape mode? Maybe a few females getting close, running fingers across your buddies face?
    Personally I see problems if any protesters want to test you. Most are cowards, chose easy score....
    Now if there is a owned front outside seating area, with fence maybe.
    But in any case I couldn’t shoot someone for busting my windows. Stealing my car... branding in entry, retreat if they toss rocks... but even with rocks being possible deadly. I can’t justify deadly force into a crowd. Molotov firebombs are different IF I can target threat. But honestly the smart move is when I first saw video is call my insurance agent. Make sure it’s paid. (Most upgrades have delay or I might upgrade) and load trailer (rent one if needed) for items of personal value, easy to move $$$ stuff, use drill, driver to reinforce what can be, maybe get a few tear gas units set to dispense if anyone enters wrong. (Check on legality, make sure non flammable)..

The criminals know you can’t shoot them legally. (Even if you could morally)

3. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

From the AP-
    As protests grip the nation, officers have doused crowds with pepper spray, struck protesters with batons, steered police cars into throngs, shoved demonstrators and screamed curses. Some police action has been directed against people smashing windows, breaking into stores and burning cars, but many find other instances more difficult to understand — like the elderly man knocked over by police as he walked with a cane on a Salt Lake City sidewalk.

The protests began after the May 25 death of George Floyd, a black man who died in Minneapolis after a white police officer who is now charged with murder, Derek Chauvin, pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck for several minutes even after he stopped moving and pleading for air.

Now, some are questioning whether tough police tactics against demonstrators are actually making the violence worse rather than quelling it."

While the protests and subsequent police interactions may be shocking to some, many African Americans aren’t surprised because they’ve endured police brutality for decades, said Chris White, director of the Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality,

“What’s happening, it’s the way American society has always been,” White said."

Dumbass reporters.

4. illrooster132

illrooster132

I've learn that 5k of .223 is just a starting point.

Cambo, fxstchewy, Gray_Rider and 5 others like this.
  5. DAKA

DAKA

ANIMALS are better behaved...THESE ARE SAVAGES

Gray_Rider likes this.
  6. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

I hope the USA has learned that weak Democrat leadership provides ideal conditions for anarchy to reign in our streets, and the loss of private property and public confidence in government to protect us against domestic terrorists will take decades to rebuild. We have also sustained a huge smear on our international status at a time when the world desperately needs America's leadership.

This is a time in history when our strong, law-and-order President is needed to reset the way we prepare for and defend against domestic terrorists. Antifa and white nationalist groups must be treated as criminal organizations aimed at undermining government through civil disobedience. This is another critical issue for President Trump's already-full plate.

Teufelhunden71 and Cubdriver like this.
  7. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

I appreciate your point of view, and my nature would make it difficult for me to shoot anyone. However, when there is rioting, looting, burning and general destruction all around and police are being assaulted, I believe I would take a stand.

People who engage in radical civil disobedience that spreads to my home or my business are my enemies. I may be on the wrong side of the law, but I have to defend my livelihood and my home.

I would hope that my highly visible armed presence inside my home would be a sufficient deterrent against looters.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Cambo and nrajeff like this.
  8. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

At the beginning of May, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot had a message to those who were in contravention of a stay-at-home order due to the novel coronavirus:

“We will shut you down.”

And now....

If you’re a Windy City resident protesting the death of George Floyd last week in Minnesota, the Chicago police will give you your space.

DAKA, Gray_Rider, nrajeff and 5 others like this.
  9. 1bigK

1bigK

I don’t know if we can honestly say that the protestors are riding along because when you have professional agitators what happens is that they are a small percentage of the action, but if trained and/or experienced they know how to whip up the crowd and drive them to so the dirty work for and alongside them. This is nearly impossible to detect from media clips and feeds, you really need to be there in person to be able to spot this kind of behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 1bigK

1bigK

I think that the police are capable of much more than their overbosses will allow; I.e. the chief of police, mayor, and or governor who are holding the leashes very tightly for fear of online or lamestream backlash. Especially true if the pols are Democrats.

11. 1bigK

1bigK

Double post!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  12. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

I have learned that having "too much ammo" is a nonsensical phrase.

I learned that keeping ammo supplies optimal should be done when things look good and the price is reasonable.

I have learned that re-loaders sometimes cannot help but remind me they re-load. Yes, I know.

Gray_Rider, Cambo, Lockback and 2 others like this.
  13. Speleothem

Speleothem

Meanwhile...
    https://abc7chicago.com/92-shot-27-fatally-in-chicagos-most-violent-weekend-of-2020/6224654/
    "CHICAGO -- 27 people were killed and at least 65 others were wounded by gun violence in Chicago's most violent weekend of the year so far, which also saw widespread protests, riots and looting throughout the city in the wake of the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd."

14. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

So MN was starting to open up. China virus cases will increase. The relaxing of businesses closed will be blamed. Not the yelling, rioting crowds with no thought of distance, masks. (I really have to wonder how stupid people are)
    You steal from area stores. (That’s wrong but it makes some sense I guess). Then you vandalize, damage burn them down? (That’s really stupid, self destructive...). Then you burn down the Police station? (It’s going to be rebuilt, new squad cars... I realize most rioters don’t pay taxes... but I will vote less for welfare, more from limited budgets to rebuild Police)
    You burn down new low income housing. (That’s really stupid). And you burn down mom and pop stores that are barely surviving the lockdown)
    There might be a simple reason in some areas minorities seem to catch the China Virus in large numbers. They are not social distancing, wearing masks, activities that increase spread of virus. (It’s well known coughing, yelling, singing... spread possible virus further then breathing, quiet talking)

15. nrajeff

nrajeff

You will see white idiots rioting alongside the black idiots because leftwing anarcho-terrorism welcomes idiots of all races. Look at how many white people cheered for Obama, Talib, AOC, etc. Any hatred they have for people with a different skin color is superseded by their hatred for the rule of law and the Constitution and the freedoms we have here in the USA.

Gray_Rider, Cambo and Lockback like this.
  16. Burebista

Burebista Benevolent Dictator

Good you reminded me because I forgot to add that in my OP: I also reload.
    :)

17. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Impeachment circus.
    Wuhan flu.
    Rioting.
    Boom, boom, boom, all in a row.
    In an election year.
    Does anybody think this is a coincidence?

sarge40, nrajeff, Gray_Rider and 2 others like this.
  18. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

If in two weeks the covid cases go up, then you have a point.

However, it is very likely these riots are going to make the covid situation much worse.

larry_minn and nrajeff like this.
  19. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

NoJoy likes this.
  20. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

I seriously wonder what would happen in one of these circle beatdowns if the victim shot one or more of those armed with clubs or other debris.

I saw innocent passerby and store owners being beaten with rocks, skateboards, and anything the vermin can lay a hand to. One poor devil tried using a sword but was overwhelmed and beaten near to death.

Sooner or later SOMEONE is going to produce a hicap pistol or rifle on these roving mobs and then the flying monkeys will arrive in droves.

This is absolute insanity that these savages beat down people for sport, and all that is done is videocaming of the violence.

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh