What Haunts You?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kawabuggy, Sep 24, 2020.

1. BradD

BradD

Me and you both.

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

Good in the short term, but not in the long term.

This line of thinking is what keeps me in high demand.

G30SF/F-250 and ChuckUles like this.

3. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

Modeling is only what I do for a living. It's not who I am.

But I love my job.

I don't know if I want to do this for another 50 years. But I think 5 - 7 more years is reasonable if I take care of myself.

Thank you, you're very kind. I am blessed with good genes. People think Mommy and I are sisters when they see us together. So I have that going for me.

Mommy has lightened her hair to hide the grey ones. She used to have dark brown hair like me, now it's light brown with blonde highlights.

I promised Daddy I would go back to school and finish my degree in marine biology when my modeling career is over. And I plan to keep that promise.

But the phone hasn't stopped ringing yet.

Hey, do what makes you happy.

But don't ever listen to @FullClip and @G30SF/F-250 . They have issues.

LOL just kidding.

That's no secret. I moisturize every night before I go to bed.

And I drink gallons of water.

4. Slackinoff

Slackinoff Bathed in lavender and gasoline

I immediately thought of Bill Burr's lotion bit. Super funny. Crude warning btw.

5. Wojo88

Wojo88

well expressed...................

6. BL33D 4 M3

BL33D 4 M3

Yes. They say in a nutshell;
    Living in the past indicates depression.
    Living in the future indicates anxiety.
    Live in the present.

Mtnfolk75, Bus007, 1bigK and 2 others like this.
  7. Wojo88

Wojo88

I was once told by my mother inlaw who is 87 and looks like 67......
    "Wrinkles are a sign of seasoning, wisdom and knowledge. Your inner heart and love is what people will see, not your wrinkles"

8. Current Resident

Current Resident

My brother went into deep seclusion after his divorce in late 90s. The wife and were there for him and his kids often. Then like a switch he turned off without any explanation. After I tried for the next couple of years I turned off and including delete his phone number two times.

There were times I thought if him and called, no response. November 2014 dad passed and we started to talk again.

April 2015 he was diagnosed melanoma lung cancer. Late May he was diagnosed stage 4 brain cancer. He died mid October 2015.

I pissed away a dozen years on petty stupidity and never did find out what the heart of the matter was.

He appeared in my dreams after his death and I remembered them. It's going to be 5 years soon and I cannot get over it. I struggle with it because of what I had at one time and what I wanted it to be.

light-switch likes this.
  9. Hannie Caulder

That is funny. But it would have been just as funny if he left out the bad language.

Sherlock913 and Slackinoff like this.
  10. Current Resident

Current Resident

Why don't you think you can model at an older age? Look at Christy Brinkley.

Sherlock913 likes this.
  11. Hannie Caulder

She is amazing, isn't she?

I know I don't have an expiration date stamped on my butt. When the phone stops ringing I'll know it's time to do something else. But so far that's not happening. In fact, it's ringing more often now than ever. My problem is learning how to say 'no'. I haven't taken a Bonaire vacay for several years, and I used to go every year.

Sherlock913 and Current Resident like this.
  12. racerford

racerford

If what you said was true, you didn't, he did. He shut down. You tried to reach over time, he didn't respond. Also, it might not have been petty stupidity, as you don't know the reason. Maybe he felt like a failure, and was too embarrassed to talk. People do deal with things like they do, not as you want them to.

13. Current Resident

Current Resident

I lnow you had said you want to continue your education after, how prepared are you so that the transition is easier?

14. Hef

Hef

I've spent a lot of time working on self-awareness, self-improvement, and righting the wrongs of my past. I have made peace with just about everything wrong in my life, leaving only the dead that I miss as being the closest thing to being haunted that I can think of. I feel quite fortunate.

Current Resident likes this.
  15. Hannie Caulder

I'm about 40 credits short of my degree. FIT here in Melbourne has a very good marine biology program, and all of my credits from UGA will transfer.

Sherlock913 and Current Resident like this.
  16. Dr. Leaky

Dr. Leaky Know-It-All

Lots of pain and regret here. Funny that we will pray to the Almighty for forgiveness but we don't seem willing to forgive ourselves. He is willing to let it go - you shouldn't be harder to convince.

17. mrt949

mrt949

On 2/ 15/2016 I called My Mom liked I have called her every day .I lived a 1,000 miles away .I worked 3 shift .Went to call no answer .Called again no answer . called,called no answer .Called her brother he was at her home the day before .He went to her home .She was duck taped hands ,feet and mouth covered up in her bed.
    She was 92 years old .Her name was AMELIA ROMAN .She lived in N.BRADDOCK PA .This case has never been solved . Oh the only day I Did not call was 2/14/2016 .A day I wish I could have talked To My MOM R.I.P AMELIA

18. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

What haunts me, and often keeps me up at night, is the guilt I feel for the way I treated someone who loved me deeply. I did every cruel thing I could to drive her away. We have spoken about it and she says she has forgiven me. I wish I could forgive myself, but I can't, and it's been close to 40 years.

19. R9S19

R9S19

Work stuff. These last couple of months, most nights I’ll wake up and think I’m still there, with the incident still going on.

Speleothem and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  20. badge315

badge315

When I was a child, probably about 4 years old, I unintentionally flushed one of favorite toys, a little green army Jeep, down the toilet and I was absolutely heartbroken over it. And even though I know that in the grand scheme of things it was such an insignificant, trivial incident, to this day when I think about it I can still remember that overwhelming feeling of loss. I could go out and buy all the toy Jeeps I ever wanted, but nothing will ever make the sting of that memory go away. If you've ever seen the Pixar movie Inside Out, that definitely qualifies as a 'blue' core memory.