close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What happens when we 'hot link' to polls...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Peace Warrior, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Hey Folks,

I'm no expert for the internet, but I have noticed that when we start adding common sense thinking to these liberal polls concerning guns, then the truth starts being sent to the liberals; however, when we use hot links off of any gun sight, including GT, it lets the poll giver see where we are coming from and then their nostrils go to flaring. (Of course their nostrils are usually flared so I guess that's a moot point.)

Anyway, once this happens, I see the anti's poll numbers start increasing exponentially for their side when compared to the truth on our side.

Again, I'm no expert, and someone else can tell you how they trace this stuff as I sure cannot, but we need to unite on this thing. I'm told that copying and pasting the poll's url into a newly opened browser will keep the tracing to a minimum. I don't know, but I am all for doing any little thing I can to send the correct message about gun owners.

What say we do this for the team?

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

It happened on one FL based paper's poll a few years ago, they came out and said, "We found that a lot of the people coming to the poll's page were coming from pro-gun sites so we deleted those votes"

But there are a lot of people who don't care as well and will just post the link for the lazy.

3. Smashy

Smashy

Exactly. That's why you should leave out the "http://www." and just post the rest of the address, so you have to copy and paste it into your browser. Then our votes won't get deleted from the poll for coming from a bunch of pro-gun 'nutjobs.'

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Or uncheck the box that says, "Automatically parse links in text" before hitting the submit button :)

5. Surt

Surt Jötunn-Kin

Haha, and they call themselves "Democrats."

6. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

I follow the "know thy enemy" logic, and ergo I've been kicked off more sites that supposedly promote "tolerance for all" than I could ever count. :supergrin:

Now that the IP addresses are so esoteric, I'm getting banned more and more from these "liberal sites." :cool:

7. Smashy

Smashy

Yeah, there's that. :supergrin:

It's too bad it has to be that way, but that's the mind-set of antis. They can't win an argument with logic or facts, they just get emotional and block out anyone who disagrees with them.

8. Surt

Surt Jötunn-Kin

Oh, yeah. I hung around LiberalForum.org for awhile, and was always flabbergasted that the self-described "party of tolerance" had a special room where only Liberals were allowed to post, and you could get banned for not being a libby cheerleader.

I just had a facebook fight with a lib-tard friend, and it ended with her telling me she was deleting all my posts because she felt like I wasn't respecting her opinion.

At least all the right-wing nut jobs I know are consistent.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010