Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has everybody lost interest in this forum or am I missing something? While I don't post too often, people beat me to what I want to say, don't take that as me not being interested in keeping this section alive.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
HISEASCOWBOY;13376423 said:
Has everybody lost interest in this forum or am I missing something? While I don't post too often, people beat me to what I want to say, don't take that as me not being interested in keeping this section alive.
Everyone took a break so you could get a word in.

:supergrin:

· Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
RussP;13380084 said:
I've been trying to find an antidote for what I put in the water in CI!!
So, what was it? I haven't been over there.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
RussP;13380084 said:
I've been trying to find an antidote for what I put in the water in CI!!
There is no antidote for stupid.

Myself I have been quite amused at all the ones that can't figure out oldskoolfans point.

:rofl::rofl:

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
Hack;13380336 said:
So, what was it? I haven't been over there.
The usual pissing contests between the experts and the wannabe experts, a whole bunch of newbies with their solid gold, diamond encrusted opinions, a few more trolls - some of whom are no longer with us - long threads that people find no sense in reading through before they opine a point that was debated and settled three pages earlier, and as Dragoon44 states, a whole bunch of stupid for which there is no cure... :cool:

· ©South Fla 2019
4,056 Posts
Dragoon44;13382561 said:
There is no antidote for stupid.

Myself I have been quite amused at all the ones that can't figure out oldskoolfans point.
RussP;13383416 said:
..., and as Dragoon44 states, a whole bunch of stupid for which there is no cure... :cool:
I guess I fall into both slots. :dunno:

I was "sick stupid" in that thread. :dunno:

I just didn't get it until I read in The Book of Dragoon, Chapter 44, that I SAW THE LIGHT!

Thanks D. You da Man! :supergrin:

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
Russ posted what the thread was all about by quoting the posts where I spilled the beans.

Notice they STILL don't get it.

One thing I have learned is that most people today cannot grasp and argument or point based on ethics. might as well be speaking greek to them.

· Super Moderator
20,185 Posts
We need a rule: If you're gonna reference tomfoolery, you should at least put a guide to it's location.

Finally found that thread. meh.

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
Sam Spade;13392609 said:
We need a rule: If you're gonna reference tomfoolery, you should at least put a guide to it's location.

Finally found that thread. meh.
Oh, there isn't just the one.

I read a thread in another GT forum about open carry today where the participants were much more civil than those in CI....:faint:

Wish I'd bookmarked it...

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
Dragoon44;13389463 said:
Russ posted what the thread was all about by quoting the posts where I spilled the beans.

Notice they STILL don't get it.

One thing I have learned is that most people today cannot grasp and argument or point based on ethics. might as well be speaking greek to them.
Scew it - I closed it.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
RussP;13394479 said:
Scew it - I closed it.

Might as well have closed it, Oldskoolfan did not seem to want to bring it to a conclusion. And it was long over due for him to do so.

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
Dragoon44;13397388 said:
Might as well have closed it, Oldskoolfan did not seem to want to bring it to a conclusion. And it was long over due for him to do so.
He doesn't know how to, or just doesn't want to.

When you pointed out his purpose, or what you, and I, believed it to be, he should have cut it off then...unless he really didn't have a purpose and all he wanted to do was stir up trouble...well I'll be a son-of-a-*****, I just looked and he never acknowledged your post!! Even he didn't get it.:faint:

· Super Moderator
20,185 Posts
If you notice, he takes contrarian positions to most everything in CI. Someone supports training requirements for CCW, he wants to argue that they're too expensive. Someone stands for no government interference in RKBA, he talks about handgrenades.

It's impossible to know his true position on the issues, and therefore impossible to discuss things rationally.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
RussP;13400519 said:
He doesn't know how to, or just doesn't want to.

When you pointed out his purpose, or what you, and I, believed it to be, he should have cut it off then...unless he really didn't have a purpose and all he wanted to do was stir up trouble...well I'll be a son-of-a-*****, I just looked and he never acknowledged your post!! Even he didn't get it.:faint:
He PM'd me after my first post, telling me I was the only one who seemed to get his point. don't know why he did not go ahead and finish it. I suspect he may want to use some of the replies as ammo next time he gets into it about open carry with one of the rabid OC'ers/

· Super Moderator
20,185 Posts
meh. He'll just as likely use the other points against the pro-training crowd, as he was doing in the "Intruder Game" thread.

He's a college kid working in a bar, delighting in pointing out what he sees as inconsistencies and not realizing that complex systems are just that: complex.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
Sam Spade;13401121 said:
meh. He'll just as likely use the other points against the pro-training crowd, as he was doing in the "Intruder Game" thread.

He's a college kid working in a bar, delighting in pointing out what he sees as inconsistencies and not realizing that complex systems are just that: complex.
Probably true, his main goal I agree, is just to take a contrary position. Probably makes him feel "smart".

And he is certainly not alone in his inability to understand complex issues, look t the responses in the PA activists thread about how the cops should be liable for arresting noble since he was found not guilty.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts