Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So imagine the scenario in 10 years...

Gun grabbers have rolled back most of the advances we've enjoyed over the last 20 years and here are the rules:

1. You are allowed ONE handgun. No rifles or shotguns.
  2. CCW is allowed.
  3. Full metal jacket ammunition ONLY. No JHP or fancy Xtreme Defenders.
  4. No suppressors.
  5. Ten round magazine maximum.
What handgun would you choose?

If only FMJs, I might be looking to pick a larger diameter bullet than 9mm. Maybe a G27 with a +1 magazine? Or my Shield 45 with a +2 baseplate?

What would you pick in this scenario? Caliber and handgun.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
For me, back to the .357 Magnum. However, this is speculation and I won't agree to be set back in technology.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
What an odd scenario!

If all rifles and shotties were banned and confiscated (how did they manage that, did they have field executions of whole families for 'illegal' guns found in a household?), where is the civil war in your scenario? Did we have one and the commies already won? And if the commie *******s had just beaten Free America so savagely, why would they be so generous as to allow us concealed carry of so much as a pocket knife when they already got all the rifles, shotties, mags, and self defense ammo gathered up? Generosity towards a defeated enemy is not a characteristic of self righteous gun-haters at all.

No offense, but just not seeing this one at all.
Grumpy

·
Registered
45,242 Posts
Similar thread earlier in the week and I can't bring myself to entertain the idea.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
So imagine the scenario in 10 years...

Gun grabbers have rolled back most of the advances we've enjoyed over the last 20 years and here are the rules:

1. You are allowed ONE handgun. No rifles or shotguns.
  2. CCW is allowed.
  3. Full metal jacket ammunition ONLY. No JHP or fancy Xtreme Defenders.
  4. No suppressors.
  5. Ten round magazine maximum.
What handgun would you choose?

If only FMJs, I might be looking to pick a larger diameter bullet than 9mm. Maybe a G27 with a +1 magazine? Or my Shield 45 with a +2 baseplate?

What would you pick in this scenario? Caliber and handgun.
I travel in and out of the most communist states on the East coast. I have to make some hard choices and be willing to live with the consequences. Makes me sick with worry at times. Do you allow yourself to be an easy mark or make yourself a criminal...
I know that doesn’t answer your OP but I’d love to be able to say I never had to go into an area that refused CCW .

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
In reality - these are the rules.
NO HANDGUNS
NO SNIPER RIFLES (Semi-Autos are already gone)
You are "allowed" a shotgun, and only a shotgun, and you must leave it locked up at home.
Bingo. That's the direction the gun grabbers are headed in. Think Japan, UK, or Australia, where all gun permits are handled on a "need" basis, with you having to prove need - and the rules keep shifting to make it harder and harder to keep so much as a side-by-side shottie locked up at home. In Japan and Australia they even have licensing for air guns and the UK is headed that way.

Grumpy
PS Looking further at the UK/Australia model, LEO there didn't go house-to-house confiscating things and there are plenty of guns still in private hands illegally. What has happened is that the young 'uns have been brainwashed to turn in gramps' "illegal guns" when he passes, so the civil populace is slowly turning in its freedom, one rifle and pistol at a time.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,686 Posts
In reference to the Australian “program”, let me put this forward: Their own Prime Minister, in an interview on US television, summed it up perfectly (paraphrased): Australia’s citizen’s are SUBJECTS, they do not have RIGHTS like Americans do. They only have the “rights” we allow them. So I cannot answer this scenario truthfully.

·
Premium Member
5,490 Posts
If good defensive ammo is limited, I would move to .45ACP. That isn't my current view. If in .45ACP, it gets hard, as I don't own many (just a Colt 1911-A1 and an XD45).

I think I would need to get either a G30SF or HK .45 compact or HK USP compact. Small enough to carry, but has 10 rounds of .45ACP. I might consider 10mm (Glock 29SF), but given the uncertainty of my world, with all the harsh gun rules and such, having a gun I can take apart with a rock and a pointy stick in a common caliber would likely push me to the Glock 30SF.

I may prefer other brands for small carry, better capacity, better luck with suppressors, etc., but your world pushes me to a big caliber that I have to find a way to carry. I did consider a Shield in .45ACP for carry in our politically ugly world, as it would be better, but outside of its carry advantages, the loss of capacity is a real kick in the teeth.

Reactions: dp509
1 - 20 of 81 Posts