Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched The Best And Worst Of Tred Barta on the VS. channel. He was hog hunting in S. Georgia with a bow and was carrying a glock for backup. He pulled it out and held it (with his finger off the trigger) when they were tracking a hog shot with a muzzleloader.

The show is'nt worth watching BTW unless you want to see if you can tell what kind of glock he's carrying. It should be a 20 but from what I know of Tred, it's probably a 21. It looks to be fullsize.

BTW, he shoots the hog that was killed by muzzleloader after it's dead and propped up against a tree with it's belly exposed at 17 yards. Then he goes on to say what a great shot he made on it! How it could'nt get any better. :upeyes: What a joke.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tred sure does have a high opinion of himself. I'm not sure what glock he carries.

·
Perfectionist
3,285 Posts
I watched that guy once when he killed a wild boar with a knife, what a joke. His dogs chassed the pig into a shallow brook and one dog had the thing by one of it's legs and Tred goes in and stabs the pig. If you say you are going to take on a wild boar with a knife leave the dogs at home and grow a set.

Paulie

·
Registered
399 Posts
I watched that guy once when he killed a wild boar with a knife, what a joke. His dogs chassed the pig into a shallow brook and one dog had the thing by one of it's legs and Tred goes in and stabs the pig. If you say you are going to take on a wild boar with a knife leave the dogs at home and grow a set.

Paulie
I'd say it takes a set to run in and stab a very pissed off hog with a knife, period.

Have you ever hog hunted?

·
NRA Life Member
278 Posts
I'd say it takes a set to run in and stab a very pissed off hog with a knife, period.

Have you ever hog hunted?
yep, unfortunately just becuase this is a gun forum does not mean everyone is a hunter. IMHO, there ain't nothing sissy about knife hog hunting with dogs.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Between tusks, cutters and green-eyed bulldogs, it takes a purty good 'set' to wade in and dispatch a dog-caught hog with a short, pointy object.

Dan

·
Registered
890 Posts
"Yeah, a set of labia. That's no different than shooting an animal tied to a stake."-Glock Dave

oh, so you HAVE done it. See, I was speaking as one who had done it, to someone who hasnt, and therefore had no real objective, first hand experience. But, I see from your wryly crafted retort that you have. My sincerest apologies, GWH, you actually have changed my mind, and converted me to PETA-ness with your obviously well thought out, stylishly crafted dissertation:rofl:.

Dan

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wow that setted which GLOCK he used!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I am in no was a PETA idiot or animal activist. My brothers friend came over with a video of a hunt he wanted us to do. In it a guy has about 10 dogs that chase a boar, catch it and then hold it down. He then walks in and he stabs it. The whole time looking back at the camera between stabs and smiling. The boar was completely immobilized by all these dogs. If that's what you are talking about then you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. That's pretty sad. That takes no balls, no skill and is an insult to the animal. You might as well hunt at the zoo.

·
NRA Life Member
278 Posts
I am in no was a PETA idiot or animal activist. My brothers friend came over with a video of a hunt he wanted us to do. In it a guy has about 10 dogs that chase a boar, catch it and then hold it down. He then walks in and he stabs it. The whole time looking back at the camera between stabs and smiling. The boar was completely immobilized by all these dogs. If that's what you are talking about then you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. That's pretty sad. That takes no balls, no skill and is an insult to the animal. You might as well hunt at the zoo.
It takes no "balls" or "skill" to buy that bacon at the store either, of course that is completely differnt huh.

·
Registered
890 Posts
So, again, your opinion is based on YOUR first hand experience? NOPE. Its based on viewing a single video.
If ya ever get down this way, stretch your labia out on a real, live hog hunt, and you can base your opinion on a little experience, not just TV.

Dan

·
Registered
822 Posts
So, again, your opinion is based on YOUR first hand experience? NOPE. Its based on viewing a single video.
If ya ever get down this way, stretch your labia out on a real, live hog hunt, and you can base your opinion on a little experience, not just TV.

Dan
You are right, I don't have first hand experience. And if the hog hunting you do is different then I'm wrong. But if anyone thinks killing an animal that is being held down is in any way hunting then they need to get a clue.

·
NRA Life Member
278 Posts
It may not be your idea of hunting but it is a form of hunting. I do it simply becuase I love to, not because of an ego issue or lack of nuts pal. I don't consider trolling for fish the same as bass fishing but it is still fishing and just because it ain't my cup of tea I would not criticize some one for it. It is pointless for us to argue this, just two different people from different parts.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Save your PETA crap for some dumb yankee with more money than brains like Tred.

I wanted to know what Glock he was carrying. I could'nt care less if he turned that hog he did'nt kill into swiss cheese with whatever weapon he chooses. I added my commentary because he propped the corpse against a tree with it's belly exposed and patted himself on the back for what a great shot he made at 17 yards.

He's got a crap name in fishing and hunting circles everywhere I know of. Watch his show or read his articles. I can't imagine he would be invited back to the land he hunted in that show since he was acting like a celebrity J.O. before he even stepped foot on the property. Some of you may have to watch to see what I mean, other's may already know.

So what caliber does Yankeed Doodle Barta carry anyway?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts